Post Likes

Mold insulation by a-coil question.

The duct company is cleaning our ducts. When they got to the part where they would clean the return ducts, they found mold. They said an HVAC company needs to remove it before they can proceed. I had an HVAC company out.

Their recommendation was to install a UV bulb, that the duct company should have cleaned the mold. The duct company says the HVAC company needs to take the a-coil out and clean/replace the insulation, thats furnace work and they wont do it.

I have a message out to the HVAC company asking why they wont do that, as its a furnace..

Im so confused as to what company should be doing what.

Post Likes
    What does biological growth on the A-coil affect their ability to clean the return duct, the coil is not part of the ducting?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeitcold View Post
    What does biological growth on the A-coil affect their ability to clean the return duct, the coil is not part of the ducting?
    I will ask them that. These are the things I don’t understand. They did say that it would spread the spores if it’s mold. I asked them why they couldn’t clean them and spreading mold is my risk factor (but I was putting UV lights in). They said they won’t do it. I can’t imagine too many duct businesses would stay in business if that were the case. (Making people call HVAC companies to take apart equipment and clean).