Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoRUN View Post
    How about getting a job at a university or local school? Pay will be less but also less stress. Plus you can do your own little gig on the side.
    Thought about it and actually nailed some interviews with said places but their mouths were salivating to hire someone with my experience for a little bit above min wage...yeah I tried negotiating but it was concrete offers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenergrass View Post
    Our travel incentive doesnt count toward our billable hours.

I try to schedule around my on call but its tough when it comes out every 3 or 4 months. And I also don't switch often. I learned in the field not to but its frustrating when you have a comittment made in advanced and have to cancel.

That may be my only option but due to location status companies are few and fsr between with the exception of an 1 1/2 hour drive to their shop.
    You are probably using their terms such as "travel incentive" and "billable hours." Is your travel pay at least min wage? Does it count towards OT? I always took "billable hours" to mean what I charged the customer or got credit for in an incentive program. Are you using it as how many hours you are paid for? I would check with the Dept of Labor to see if they aren't screwing you. I would bet anything this company uses incentive programs as part of your pay, as I said before that probably has to be counted towards calculating your OT rate.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes

I try to schedule around my on call but its tough when it comes out every 3 or 4 months. And I also don't switch often. I learned in the field not to but its frustrating when you have a comittment made in advanced and have to cancel.

That may be my only option but due to location status companies are few and fsr between with the exception of an 1 1/2 hour drive to their shop.
    "Travel That is All in the Day's Work: Time spent by an employee in travel as part of his/her principal activity, such as travel from job site to job site during the workday, is work time and must be counted as hours worked."

https://www.lexology.com/library/det...c-b80c8d02b253

I don't have the FSLA link handy but sure it is there. I assume you are talking about time between calls during the day and not necessarily your first and last. I believe there may be some limits on your first and last calls also.

Remember federal laws are a base and state laws cannot be less than that but can be stricter on the employer.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    "Travel That is All in the Day's Work: Time spent by an employee in travel as part of his/her principal activity, such as travel from job site to job site during the workday, is work time and must be counted as hours worked."

I don't have the FSLA link handy but sure it is there. I assume you are talking about time between calls during the day and not necessarily your first and last. I believe there may be some limits on your first and last calls also.

Remember federal laws are a base and state laws cannot be less than that but can be stricter on the employer.

Its the first call last call. I'm okay with giving time up like 30-45 mins each way, but from what ive been told its not going to change. So if it won't change maybe ill just change!

Post Likes
    Its the first call last call. I'm okay with giving time up like 30-45 mins each way, but from what ive been told its not going to change. So if it won't change maybe ill just change!
    Are you Bombboy?

Post Likes
    Are you Bombboy?
    Nope

Post Likes
    I wouldn't complain too much about 30 mins or so to start or end the day. It is what it is.

How often are you on call?

Post Likes
    I wouldn't complain too much about 30 mins or so to start or end the day. It is what it is.

How often are you on call?
    About 1 week per month. I wouldnt complain of 30 minutes of drive time either...LOL

Post Likes

If your on call schedule comes out every 3-4 months that means that you have the ability to plan around it. The company is being considerate by doing it that far ahead. It would make sense to complain about it if it wasn't out far in advance.

Post Likes
    About 1 week per month. I wouldnt complain of 30 minutes of drive time either...LOL
    If you have 3-5 hours in travel in a day for your first and last calls I believe that can be compensated for partly as work time also. Unless you live that far from the office. I believe the time considered is "incidental" time on first and last calls is not paid for. That long is not "incidental." Again keep good records and make a phone call to FSLA.

When you are on call are you paid from the time you leave until you get back? Actually from the time you answer the phone until you get back.

Also realize if they reroute you on your way to the first call you get paid from THAT time. Also if you are asked to stop along the way like to stop to pick someone up etc.

Post Likes
    If you have 3-5 hours in travel in a day for your first and last calls I believe that can be compensated for partly as work time also. Unless you live that far from the office. I believe the time considered is "incidental" time on first and last calls is not paid for. That long is not "incidental." Again keep good records and make a phone call to FSLA.

When you are on call are you paid from the time you leave until you get back? Actually from the time you answer the phone until you get back.

Also realize if they reroute you on your way to the first call you get paid from THAT time. Also if you are asked to stop along the way like to stop to pick someone up etc.

All good to know! Thank you!

Post Likes
    Yeah, but that's not travel to your first call, or home from your last call; those times are negotiated between the employee and the employer. Preferably during the interview, before you are even employed.

Remember, we don't know where he lives, or why he can't relocate. Might be something as simple as taking care of his elderly parents.

https://www.lexology.com/library/det...c-b80c8d02b253

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast