Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Well, if the 3/8” drain blocks up then the AC will drain right into the furnace, so technically both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For me, on my phone, the last picture is so poor in quality I did not see there was a drain out of the tee at the furnace.

This was incorrectly installed, they reduced the size of the drain on the a/c.

Also, most mfrs want an air gap or escape if the a/c and furnace are tied together. The reason is the air coming out of the a/c drain may keep the furnace from draining.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Holy smokes batman! That burner compartment was full up to the gas valve!

Post Likes
    And would have gone higher had not one of the plugs been missing in the side of the furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Holy smokes batman! That burner compartment was full up to the gas valve!
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Manufacturers instructions always harp on the dangers and problems associated with improper drains, especially with shared coil and furnace drains. I had to educate my guys profusely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12