Post Likes

Ductless PM from hell

I've seen some nasty ductless systems but I think this one takes the lead as being the most disgusting one. Unbelievable! ! Looks like I'll need a Haz Mat suit on my truck from now on.....

Name:  592259054.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  152.8 KBName:  IMG_1063.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  168.9 KBName:  20191016_153835.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  139.0 KB
    "Pea-Corn and Pop-Nuts"

Post Likes
    Yeah, I posted a photo like that maybe a couple of years ago. Might have even been worse. I don't remember cleaning it, so it was either so disgusting I blanked it from memory, or we sent a rookie out.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I think I did clean it. Was a hard floor below, so I just made a big mess then cleaned it up. I think the only reason I remember doing that job was because I couldn't figure out how to get the cover off, so I just sort of tore it off. Breaking crap along the way. Oooopsie . . .
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Never seen one that bad. Lucky you. I think they make a cleaning kit so you can clean it in place and you dont have to spend a day taking it apart.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'm not smart enough to buy a cleaning kit. It was for a server room in a bank. Squirt the heck out of it then wet vac up the mess. On to the next call.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Never seen one that bad. Lucky you. I think they make a cleaning kit so you can clean it in place and you dont have to spend a day taking it apart.

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes

Well, from my experience the Mitsubishi ductless systems are by far the easiest ones to clean. Eight easy to get to screws and I can have it tore apart and put back together in under an hour.

When I walk into a room and see anything other than Mitsubishi I know I'll be there longer for sure. I'm talking about a complete disassemble of the indoor unit. LG (pray that nothing snaps), Daikin (once the blower wheel is removed it's a pain to get back together), Fujitsu......

The bib cleaning kits are a pain in the ass. The don't clean the blower wheel good enough unless you use a coil jet machine. That will set you back $500-700 and you'll be cleaning the over spray off the walls guaranteed.

Unfortunately where I work now tech's are required to do pm's. Gotta love when people say, "what filter"? "I didn't know that there was a filter". "We've lived here for 10 years......"
    "Pea-Corn and Pop-Nuts"

Post Likes
    I just tell them it’s cheaper for me to put a new head in. Saves me the trouble of actually cleaning them.

Post Likes

Those blower wheels are not that hard to pull. Lots of You Tube videos to help you along.

Takes about 2 hours first time, after that about an hour or so.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnasty View Post
    I just tell them it’s cheaper for me to put a new head in. Saves me the trouble of actually cleaning them.
    I'm guessing you mean cheaper for the customer, right?

and is that actually true or are you lying to them?

Post Likes
    nasty looking

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk