+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally something I measured up

Post Likes

Finally something I measured up

Lately I have been installing a lot of the salesman's measure-ups, but this one I was given the reigns to do whatever I wanted with this mechanical room. Not a surprise, the mechanical room is very tight.

Here is some pics of my first day, slow and steady.

Our shop doesnt hammer together the fittings unless it is a prevailing wage job.

The S9V is my favorite Trane furnace so there is that. This job is being duct-tested so I am laying it on thick so to speak.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    What? It's not done yet? You had a whole day!!

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    One of our techs put in a S9X1 today. I went over and showed him how to work the setup buttons on the board so we could set blower speeds based on static. There was a Space Guard against the old furnace, he moved it to the drop and built a transition to the little opening on the furnace. Would have been a lot of work to put it on a box but we often do as our supplier sells a filter box looks like what you are installing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    One of our techs put in a S9X1 today. I went over and showed him how to work the setup buttons on the board so we could set blower speeds based on static. There was a Space Guard against the old furnace, he moved it to the drop and built a transition to the little opening on the furnace. Would have been a lot of work to put it on a box but we often do as our supplier sells a filter box looks like what you are installing.
    We actually get real good static on our new construction stuff but our custom homes seem to run a little high.

On this one, the contractor only gave us 34 inches side to side in this room. There is a plumbing trap that extends 6" out from the side so I have 28" to work with. I am going to stack the furnace and tie in my supply, then measure out the return. I have enough room for a 9" wide return drop with a 1" throat. I will add turning vanes and try to keep 45s on the drop and flare out my tap at the ceiling. This is a tough one, guys.

Post Likes
    I will snap a pic of the mechanical room when I go back next week.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in