Post Likes

Samsung don't sing

So we bid a 8 unit complex with 2 on 1 mitsu and 3 on 1 mitsu systems. They came in at 1/4 the cost and put 1 on 1's for each unit. We have the electrical contract so we have been able to see the installation and it's just wow. They cut the flares off the AHU, didn't flow nitro, didn't pressure test, didn't mic the vac, don't have proper clearance on the condensers, mounted one above the electrical which is moving but the gas meters are directly below that and didn't pay attention to the lineset minimum lengths. Probably more but that's off the top of my head. Boss is taking it up with the inspectors because we are the service company that the property manager calls when there's issues and i/we don't want that headache.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yeah but look at all the money they saved...
    You can tell them service calls will be easy to diagnose, over the phone. "Rip 'em out and start over".

I wouldn't even expect it that ugly for a DIY install.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

3. Likes Zamoramax liked this post
    Post Likes
    Bet I know who installed them. Have some just like that that I take care off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The difference is in the details. People do not understand the cost of details. It is a cost that is always there. You either pay it up front and have fewer problems and they are less expensive, or you pay later with more expensive repairs, more of them , and early replacement.

Pay me now or pay me later.

Post Likes
    You will make more money on the repairs than you would have on the installs.

That being said, you still wont get the next installs either, because, look how much they saved on this round of installs.

Post Likes
    Love that last picture! Changing the condenser fan motor will be fun on that backwards install. UNBELIEVABLE!
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

8. Likes UrAverageAguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    Love that last picture! Changing the condenser fan motor will be fun on that backwards install. UNBELIEVABLE!
    they wanted it to match the window shaker ..... duh

10. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    The roof jack on the wall in the first picture is actually a pretty good idea. Too bad that much thought wasn't put into the rest of the install.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    Once you get that unit down on the ground the fan motor changeout won't be so bad.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisRefrig View Post
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    That looks like the brtand tubing that develops pinhoe leaks in a few years.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    I'm not aware of a specific brand that leaks just that its happening. Care to enlighten?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    some on this site have come across, I found some last yr. one manuf had bad run 2-3 yr ago, don't recall brand.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

16. Likes Zamoramax liked this post