Post Likes

Trane Intellipak Comm4 TCI Integration Question

I have a job site that has a couple Trane Intellipak RTUs integrated over Comm4 to a JACE that will never go into the economizer mode when under BAS control. I noticed that both of the units show an ERROR next to the "Economizer Dry Bulb Enable Stpt" at the local human interface whenever the Intellipak is put into the TRACER/ BAS mode of operation. The "Economizer Dry Bulb Enable" doesn't show any ERRORS whenever the RTU is put back into the LOCAL mode. I believe I have seen this issue on units with BACnet communication as well, but I cannot recall what was done to fix it. I tried discovering some additional points, but I didn't see any point for the economizer dry bulb enable. Is there something I need to write to the TCI over Comm4 to permit economizer operation based on the RTUs internal dry bulb enable setpoint? I assume there probably isn't any type of Comm4 integration guide out for these RTUs?

Your feedback is appreciated! Thank you!
    J. King

Post Likes
    Did you get a docComFour.pdf with your driver? It won't help with specific point questions like this though. Reach out through your vendor and see if you have the latest driver and see if they can answer the question?
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Bacnet you probably had to point temp and humidity BAS points out of service.

In comm4, in summit, there would be a checkBox for allowing local or remote control of economizers (and a separate checkBox for other remote/local controls.). In summit (trane comm4)remote/bas control of exon would almost never be used. . Do not know what point that would line up with in a jace.

An error at HI would indicate unitary issue, not external controls.
    In unit config you can change what points are going to which sensor, and can change which setpoints follow local/remote etc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energyStarBoy View Post
    An error at HI would indicate unitary issue, not external controls.
    In unit config you can change what points are going to which sensor, and can change which setpoints follow local/remote etc.
    The error only shows up when the unit is placed back into BAS/ Tracer control. When it is under local control the error goes away. The error can be seen in the controlling setpoint status sub menu right next to the Economizer Dry Bulb Enable. I do know that they have the economizer remote commands set to local. As far as outside air temperature goes, they are writing that to the unit over Comm4. Would writing the outside air temperature over Comm4 put the dry bulb enable point in error?

I checked the setpoint source selection for this setpoint up at the HI and it shows that it is set from the HI not Tracer. However it still shows ERR. I will be heading there this morning. I will assess things a little deeper. Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J. King