Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    You sound like one of those super rare master systems integrators. Sounds like a win with things running that smoothly.

Post Likes
    I don't know about super rare. LOL
    it's a living system that is running better and smoother every day. Not only did they bring me on but before me they brought on a rock star chiller mechanic with 30 years experience, a boiler guy with with 25+ years of experience and a few other building engineers with 10 - 20 years experience. All of us cam from construction contracting. All of us have the "We have to live with this for the next 10 - 20 years, so lets make it the best we can" attitude, right now anyway. LOL
    In three years we've gone from 50 - 100 service complaints a day to only that many a week now. Most of which are on old pneumatic or DMS systems. On new Jobs they now bring us on early and through all design stages and project meetings so we can keep things on track.

It's been a great 3 years so lets hope it continues.

Mike

Post Likes
    Sounds like your outfit has a plan that'a 180 degrees apart that city I looked at.

Those jokers where blowing seven figures every three years to tread water, if not go backwards. That contract didn't include any repair/replacements either. Just techs to look at, diagnose and make programing / gfx changes.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    If there is more than one JACE then it gets a supervisor. I've done several single jace jobs, but once it scales there is no reasonable sense to not have a supervisor. Except a customer being cheap, and the contractor agreeing. I can think of one site where we were called out to look at issues from another contractors install. My first time onsite my head spun looking at what had been done. 5 jaces no supervisor, and 1 of them I guess was suppose to be the supervisor for schedules? Some bacnet field controllers on the rooftop equipment, and literally right next to that one a jace with I/O controlling the same type of unit! This place has a ton of money, and this was all done under a massive remodel of the building. All I could come up with is this company had zero clue what they were doing. So after a day of fixing some things I approached the onsite contact who ended up having the personality of a rattlesnake, about what I saw and some possibilities moving forward. One was a suggestion for a supervisor, and a few other things. This person sat and told me the system was fine, and that I didn't know what I was talking about. I then asked why I'am here? She said because the installing contractor was to busy to come out. LOL!! About a year later this place calls and says the installing contractor doesn't do controls anymore, and wants us to come out. I went to the site, and fixed one thing with a jace ,and again was treated like trash by the rattlesnake. So told the dispatch I won't go back, and I don't think we've ever worked there again. I can just imagine what kind of mess that place is right now. Worst example of jace install I have ever seen to date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12