Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Omg and wtf. How did I forget to mention gages? Thanks Brooke Hill, for kickstarting my brain lol. A decent set of gauges is a must. And I always used the longer hoses instead of the standard ones that come with gages. It’s just easier to work with, in my opinion. And I added the tee for the center port to have a long vacuum hose with it.

Post Likes
    Doing supermarket refer, I use analog gauges. I laugh at all the ressy guys with digital and even the market techs.
    No fancy 3/8 hose BS. Your still pulling through 1/4 hoses and fittings.
    I do charge with a 3/8 5’ charging hose, or longer if needed with a online ball valve and tank adapter, ready to grab to charge up a rack if needed.
    I carry the following in my service call bag
    Veto mb2
    Husky zipper pouch attached with a clip
    Fluke 324
    Fluke wiggy
    Klein Strippers
    Klein Crimpers
    Klein 8” adjustable
    Klein 4” adjustable
    Big service wrench and small
    Klein hvac 8-1
    Fuse pullers
    Jumpers
    Small Plano tackle box with misc electrical nuts and crimp caps, and spades etc.
    Klein multi stubby
    Klein TB screwdriver
    Bag of 8” zip ties
    Testo temp/humidity Bluetooth thing
    1/4” tank adapter
    Allen wrench’s
    Small white brush for condensers
    Nylog
    Chunk of emory cloth
    Misc small parts, a few schraders, couple caps, 2a glass fuses for danfoss boards and comtrol boards in the same small tackle box.
    Can’t use that to fix it, your ****ed and you’ll be needing a torch, gauges, reclaimer etc.
    If I need more, my veto lc comes out with sockets and shit. But that’s what I mainly use for calls. Replacing parts could need sae sockets, combi wrenches, impact gun, manometer, etc.

Post Likes
    I believe, you need to buy a basic kit of tools and after its usage, you'll understand what else you need. Because if you don't have anything, you need at least the most basic tools first.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kennybaker2014 View Post
    EXACTLY!! Lol and the funny thing is so may times i just grab channel locks and a 6-in-1 and im able to get the job done. Or at least get a good diagnosis with those two tools

"I just grab channel locks" ??? Is that the same thing as get me the "Craftsman" or the "Husky" or even a "Snap On"??? I'm just wondering cause my Channel Lock Catalog has 100 or so tools in it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    "I just grab channel locks" ??? Is that the same thing as get me the "Craftsman" or the "Husky" or even a "Snap On"??? I'm just wondering cause my Channel Lock Catalog has 100 or so tools in it.
    You have a channel lock catalog?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Raud View Post
    You have a channel lock catalog?
    Doesn't everyone? LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12