Post Likes

Newbie: Refrigeration Tools

Hi Sirs! I just recently joined this forum, and I just want to ask about the different tools used when troubleshooting refrigeration systems. I just want to know it advance so that I can have an idea before I use that tool in the future!

Thanks ppl!

Post Likes
    You left this very vague so here is my opinion buy the best test equipment you can afford ( gauges, thermometer etc). This will aid in getting proper diagnosis a 4K hammer swing the same as a ten dollar hammer for all intents and purposes.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Look at what your co-workers are using.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Once you learn how systems operate, it will be apparent to you what tools are needed.

Don't get ahead of yourself.

Good luck.

Post Likes
    I have been reading on here for a while, this is my first post. I agree with the replies but will add this, get some work gloves and safety goggles.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by C0olDude View Post
    Hi Sirs! I just recently joined this forum, and I just want to ask about the different tools used when troubleshooting refrigeration systems. I just want to know it advance so that I can have an idea before I use that tool in the future!

Thanks ppl!

you want to know how certain tools work? or you want to know certain tools to buy?
    You will know what specialty tools youll need when you need them. Other than that make sure you have all of the "regular tools"

Post Likes
    Like a small pipe wrench and manifold gauges?

[avatar]

Quote Originally Posted by kennybaker2014 View Post
    you want to know how certain tools work? or you want to know certain tools to buy?
    You will know what specialty tools youll need when you need them. Other than that make sure you have all of the "regular tools"
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by C0olDude View Post

Thanks ppl!

Just go to the "Tools and Test Equipment" section here and you will find many threads to probably answer your questions.

Good luck in your career.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Like a small pipe wrench and manifold gauges?

[avatar]
    EXACTLY!! Lol and the funny thing is so may times i just grab channel locks and a 6-in-1 and im able to get the job done. Or at least get a good diagnosis with those two tools

Post Likes
    Probably the main tools a refrigeration guy will use that air guys won't use nearly as often would be a service wrench and a flaring tool.

Air guys tend to have a TON MORE tools they need and have to master that are not used in refrigeration.

Post Likes
    I will agree with look around at other mechanics as you can. If you see something on their truck or in their bag the chances are they needed that tool at some point...so you must assume that you also will need it at some point. That is how I begain getting tools after I had got all the basic hand tools. Side note YOUR tools are like YOUR knowledge.....no one can take it away from you.