Post Likes

Confused Buzzing Sound from Furnace - Nordyne E2EB-023HB

I live in a manufactured home that is equipped with a Nordyne E2EB-023HB furnace. Everything was fine when switching from heat to AC last spring, but when I try to turn on the heat this fall I am getting a loud, constant buzzing sound coming from the furnace. After some research I replaced the transformer as it seemed to be the most likely culprit. This has not resolved the issue and it is still loudly buzzing. There is no sound when running Cooling, only when running Heat. The unit is producing warm/hot air through the vents. I'm looking for any additional recommendations to help resolve the issue. Thanks!

Post Likes
    What does your service technician suggest to fix the issue?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    What does your service technician suggest to fix the issue?

Haven't you ever tried to fix something before calling a professional? It is a quite common thing that homeowners do.

Post Likes
    Did you read the rules before posting? No diy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnerback View Post
    Haven't you ever tried to fix something before calling a professional? It is a quite common thing that homeowners do.
    Rules state:
    Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own equipment.

I am not asking for any of the above. I simply asked for recommendations (what to check.) What I do with that information -- calling a service tech or attempting to replace myself -- is unrelated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnerback View Post
    You are right, no doubt.... What could it hurt, right? That's just the point why this site is not a DIY site.

What happens if we tell you how to fix it and something happens? Take that to the next level, what if someone else reads this and has less mechanical skills then hurts themselves?

We aren't willing to contribute to anything where someone may create a mistake that could harm them or others. There really isn't any rebuttal as all of us in this industry has seen either first hand or news report of very bad accidents.

We wish you well but sometimes you just need to call someone in the industry.

Thread closed