Post Likes

Oxy Acyl adaptors

Hey guys!

I saw on a few braising videos guys talking about an adaptor to use on their torch to run acetylene only. I did some research and couldn't find anything specific. I have a uniweld torch, anyone know of such an adaptor?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Do you mean an adaptor to run an air-acetylene torch on a small MC tank?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    It was an adaptor that was able to be attached to either the torch or mc tank to use the oxy acyl torch as an air acyl torch leaving the oxy turned off.

Post Likes
    Not sure if this is what you're thinking of or not, but they do make adapters to screw a Turbo Torch hose onto a "MC" tank instead of a "B" tank. I used to have one and it can get you by in a pinch if all you have is MC tanks and no oxygen. I think this is what they look like....

Edit.... I've never heard of what you are describing that uses the normal Oxy/Acetylene mixing handle with no oxygen. Not sure that would work.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    That's not quite what the guy mentioned. He seemed to imply he could keep housing his oxy/mc setup but the adapter let him use only the MC tank to braise without turning the oxy on.

Post Likes
    Main reason why I'm asking is because the 3 supply houses near our job site are out of the oxy I need to run my setup and won't get another delivery until Friday. Trying to find a fix to get by.

Post Likes
    I don’t know of such a thing.
    I do use my MC tank from my oxy rig with no oxygen. But it’s with a turbo torch.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    Thanks, it sounded weird to me because it is such a different setup, but I was just wondering.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by atljones250 View Post
    Main reason why I'm asking is because the 3 supply houses near our job site are out of the oxy I need to run my setup and won't get another delivery until Friday. Trying to find a fix to get by.

Find a welding supply store. They should be able to swap out your empties too and would probably be cheaper than the supply house. Of course if your shop doesn't have an account with them you might have to use your own money, buy I don't think they cost very much.

Or get a Turbo Torch with one of those adapters.

10. Likes atljones250 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Just thought of another work-around. They sell these things at Home Depot. You're on your own figuring out an adapter to make it work though. I'm done......

12. Likes atljones250 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Just thought of another work-around. They sell these things at Home Depot. You're on your own figuring out an adapter to make it work though. I'm done......

You will go broke using these things.....