Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Victimhood is a Liberal concept. The element you seem to be missing where conservatives are concerned? Principles matter. And discernment is often part of that package. IOW, whereas (many) of the Liberal masses need to have their ideals handed to them by the Liberal Media outlets (LMO ), Conservatives often come to the table with an inherent set of principles and a strong foundation of values and ideals. They are not 'shaped' by the media, merely informed. Please don't take this as a personally directed commentary to you or other members of the forum. It's not. I tend to think in terms of the Big Picture.
    Principles and discernment are also claimed by the left. The conservatives listening to Right Wing Media Outlets seem to have their ideals handed to them on a daily basis - hence the well known the right wing echo chamber. So it would seem their talking points and marching orders are received and acted on based on the meme of the moment rather than some intrinsic set of values and ideals.

Just my take after listening to Rush, Hannity, et al for years. (I was promised if I listened for three hours a day I would be Hannitized, it didn't work, is he still peddling that crap?)
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ahhh...

Now that the lefty has been exposed... and cannot spin reality anymore...

Attacking the one that exposed the un-reality is the next form of denial...

This is almost as much fun as watching a DIM debate...
    What GA, you like watching your little, hate-filled friend squirt his feces all over these pages? What is so amusing about that? Surely there must be something better on TV.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Still nothing to do with the point I made.

And I get your point. You don't have to repeat it again.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

And that was.......
    You can push your Ann Rand chain of thought but what you should consider is not all think that way. You really seem like a Libertarian. If so there is no point in a rebuttal.
    Weak point..Intolerance.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Principles and discernment are also claimed by the left. The conservatives listening to Right Wing Media Outlets seem to have their ideals handed to them on a daily basis - hence the well known the right wing echo chamber. So it would seem their talking points and marching orders are received and acted on based on the meme of the moment rather than some intrinsic set of values and ideals.

Just my take after listening to Rush, Hannity, et al for years. (I was promised if I listened for three hours a day I would be Hannitized, it didn't work, is he still peddling that crap?)
    Your attempt to escape the Liberal trap is commendable, but don't give up! No need to listen to Hannity, Rush et al. Those shows often seem to be inflammatory rants, as do many of those radio shows. Just simply stop listening to the Liberal media and find a few non-rant conservative outlets.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Your attempt to escape the Liberal trap is commendable, but don't give up! No need to listen to Hannity, Rush et al. Those shows often seem to be inflammatory rants, as do many of those radio shows. Just simply stop listening to the Liberal media and find a few non-rant conservative outlets.
    Thanks for the advise. I used to listen to those guys when I did alot of windshield time since the local RW AM station was the only one who did decent traffic reports.

It really was more of a "keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer" kinda of thing anyway.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Thanks for the advise. I used to listen to those guys when I did alot of windshield time since the local RW AMer was the only one who did decent traffic reports.

It really was more of a "keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer" kinda of thing anyway.
    Ah, c'mon, man! You have the intellect to put up a good Conservative argument, and just think...your username will actually apply!

7. Likes netsalt liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Speaking of intentional fake news...

I am sure you all remember this one:

Name:  Speaking of fake news.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  99.9 KB

Famous reporter, standing in a ditch, so he would appear to be in deeper water than was there...

And some of the naive folks thought the media was honest...

GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Perhaps we should go back to a day before Fake News was a MsM mainstay. Hillary certainly believes so. The linked article quotes Hillary's remarks from a podcast interview she did this week:

An excerpt:

""Hillary Clinton bemoaned today’s fractured media landscape, where digital competitors vie for audience in an online marketplace of ideas, wishing for the good old days of the 1970s when “It was a much more controllable environment,” with the “Big Three” networks of NBC, ABC and CBS managing the national media narrative.

In a new podcast interview with Democratic strategist David Plouffe, Clinton also said “I think it’s a lot harder for Americans to know what they’re supposed to believe,”

It's OK. The Left still tells its viewers what they're supposed to believe, and mostly, they do believe.

Read the rest...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You have your guard way up around here where I don't. I couldn't care less if little people like you, MG and Beer want to take every opportunity to sling insults. I know it is rooted in insecurity and lack of ego. But it does get tiresome and there is a time to respond.

"When did I ever say that?" When do you admit anything here? But the talking politics at your work, you've said that repeatedly.

Here's one for you, "When did I ever call myself an idiot." DAH! "When did I ever...when did I ever?"
    You bring it on yourself.
    You denied the homeless problem.
    You insist that all Ar15 are extremely highly powered and made for only the purpose of slaughtering people...and it's too powerful for home defense.
    You ignore the fact that it is available in many calibers including the 22 .
    GC...if there were no AR 15s those people will just use a different rifle... seriously.. Example if people rent u hauls to drive through a crowd.. outlaw..they will use Ryder Trucks.
    You make Bizarre statements.
    Your debate strategy is denial and fallacious arguments ....how do expect people to respond...you want people to agree with you when you are wrong...then you become upset when they don't..
    Also you jump in the ring swinging hard..kinda setting the pace yourself.

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    You bring it on yourself.
    You denied the homeless problem.
    You insist that all Ar15 are extremely highly powered and made for only the purpose of slaughtering people...and it's too powerful for home defense.
    You ignore the fact that it is available in many calibers including the 22 .
    GC...if there were no AR 15s those people will just use a different rifle... seriously.. Example if people rent u hauls to drive through a crowd.. outlaw..they will use Ryder Trucks.
    You make Bizarre statements.
    Your debate strategy is denial and fallacious arguments ....how do expect people to respond...you want people to agree with you when you are wrong...then you become upset when they don't..
    Also you jump in the ring swinging hard..kinda setting the pace yourself.
    Is this the ultimate for you? For you to find someone here who disagrees with you so you can badger the hell out of them?

I am not responsible for you memorizing my life and incessantly posting about me. It's really freaky for someone to have notes on another member to use on them in years to follow. I would call that stalking, but apparently the Mods don't.

Post Likes
    You have your guard way up around here where I don't. I couldn't care less if little people like you, MG and Beer want to take every opportunity to sling insults. I know it is rooted in insecurity and lack of ego. But it does get tiresome and there is a time to respond.

"When did I ever say that?" When do you admit anything here? But the talking politics at your work, you've said that repeatedly.

Here's one for you, "When did I ever call myself an idiot." DAH! "When did I ever...when did I ever?"
    I don't talk politics at work unless someone asks my opinion. It's rude and not the place for it.

But when a halfwits speak on a forum meant to only talk about ARP, I will call them out.

If a halfwit on the street that I don't have to spend the next 15 years dealing with and work with says something as stupid as you, I rip into them as much as I do to you.

The way you run around bugging anyone you bump into with your hair brained ideas and questions is rude.

You refuse to take on any responsibility for yourself and your mistakes. You need to always find someone to blame for any hardship you face.

Let me ask you, the entire ARP community has heard you whine and bltch about your healthcare bills this year. I guarantee my bills were equal to or more than yours due to a family medical issue. Does anyone here know about it? Did I blame anyone for how much I had to pay and what a rip off some of it was? No, little man. I accept when things don't go perfectly and move on with my life. I don't dwell on life's imperfections and drag people into it with me. You made a choice to live through the stress of a lawsuit and drag those around into it also. You are so emotionally stunted, you refuse to see facts around you. It was a weak case, you lost and you are consumed by it.

But I'm insecure. What a laugh. Grow up.

BTW, here is a pertinent section from the CA MUTCD. The one and only Part 6 that you keep talking about. Truck was there for about 15 minutes and just dropping stuff off, right? Here's the section that refers to short duration work(under 1hr):

“Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

13. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Is this the ultimate for you? For you to find someone here who disagrees with you so you can badger the hell out of them?

I am not responsible for you memorizing my life and incessantly posting about me. It's really freaky for someone to have notes on another member to use on them in years to follow. I would call that stalking, but apparently the Mods don't.
    I disagree with alot of people...It's no big deal .People disagree on here all the...it's no big deal...you are not supposed to take it personally.

As far as the rest of your post.
    You are the one that posts about yourself.
    You tell us how many times you went to court.
    What your wife does.. where she works
    People you eat dinner with.
    The judges you know.
    Contests you go to with your son.
    Clients of yours...where they work
    The list goes on and on.
    Who needs notes ...you make the threads about your self and toss yourself into the argument....may want to change your debating techniques

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    I don't talk politics at work unless someone asks my opinion. It's rude and not the place for it.

But when a halfwits speak on a forum meant to only talk about ARP, I will call them out.

If a halfwit on the street that I don't have to spend the next 15 years dealing with and work with says something as stupid as you, I rip into them as much as I do to you.

The way you run around bugging anyone you bump into with your hair brained ideas and questions is rude.

You refuse to take on any responsibility for yourself and your mistakes. You need to always find someone to blame for any hardship you face.

Let me ask you, the entire ARP community has heard you whine and bltch about your healthcare bills this year. I guarantee my bills were equal to or more than yours due to a family medical issue. Does anyone here know about it? Did I blame anyone for how much I had to pay and what a rip off some of it was? No, little man. I accept when things don't go perfectly and move on with my life. I don't dwell on life's imperfections and drag people into it with me. You made a choice to live through the stress of a lawsuit and drag those around into it also. You are so emotionally stunted, you refuse to see facts around you. It was a weak case, you lost and you are consumed by it.

But I'm insecure. What a laugh. Grow up.

BTW, here is a pertinent section from the CA MUTCD. The one and only Part 6 that you keep talking about. Truck was there for about 15 minutes and just dropping stuff off, right? Here's the section that refers to short duration work(under 1hr):

I showed him a partial sample in the other thread before it was closed ....so he knew he I had it...I also gave him shots from the non CA manual several days prior..later he switched to the CA manual without ever acknowledging my snips from the manual...Just more work...but they have the same thing

I tried to give the guy a chance to save face and not have to show it to him again..

I tried to make a deal with him..if I have to show it again....that he admits the accident is his fault and never mention it again..he wouldn't agree as he knows the manual clears the truck....the entire base of his arguement.
    He knew it when I kept mentioning it weeks ago...I posted up a sample and he would shift his argument again.
    He will ignore your documentation from the manual...and continue to blame the truck anyway.... I expect he knew all along why the truck was cleared.
    Four day trial trying to blame the truck.... talking about marbles staring at the ground.. professional riders... they don't look up..has 50 thousand bicycle miles on that road....blah blah.
    The defense in his arguement told the jury why the truck is not the blame...they understood and came out with the verdict..I am sure his attorney explained it to him as well when we freaked out when he lost
    So GC asks us..we tell him the same thing....and then magically GC talks to well over 200 people and they say he should have won...and that everyone here is wrong.
    Two bike riders
    Truck visible for thousands of feet.
    Both riders crash.
    That is what happens when GC is paying more attention to his heart beat rate and travel speed of the bicycle rather than the road itself .
    2000 plus feet 23 mph...that is a long time without looking up.. approaching a half mile without looking up.
    The other rider said he saw the truck way back thousands of feet.

The other rider blames GC for him crashing....Says GC crashed the corner of the truck ended up in the car lane and that he run over GC as he was in his path
    GC blames the truck that did nothing wrong.
    Winning that case was an extreme long shot...he needs to be happy he didn't kill himself and let it go.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast