Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    I don’t believe the media influences much any more. Back in the day the daily newspaper and evening news definitely had some influence.

These days everyone has their opinions, and there ain’t nothing really changing them. Just look at folk on this site. Everyone just finds the “news” that meets their needs...

Fake news is what the other guy believes.
    I'm not talking about people like us. I'm talking about those who vote who don't follow news. They just get a vibe off of what infiltrates their lives every day. And they are in the millions.

So yes, when all they see on the political news related side is CNN on at their doctors office, or covers of Time magazine and USA Today at the supermarket check out, or Jimmy Kimmel, or the dingbats on the View,....... that absolutely sways elections.

I worry about the intellect or the honesty of those who who are claiming they don't see it or it's not a big deal. I run into many "Oh yeah. Democrats are for the poor and working class and Republicans are for the rich, right?" people all the time.

2. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    For starters, this supports our side.

O'Keefe and his tactics have been ROUNDLY criticized by all of this biased "right wing" news outlets. I have myself criticized O'Keefe and his shady tactics on ARP.

Please name for me a time any left wing outlet stood up for the truth when someone on their team did something like O'Keefe.

And what O'Keefe does is lies and deceaves to try and catch his targets doing the same. What he did with the Moore accuser was to send her in with a made up story to see if they would run with it.

Sleazy and deceptive. And the right wing outlets unanimously criticized O'Keefe.

BTW, how many times have left wing outlets, including main stream respected(LOL!) outlets, reported known liars to take down someone on the right? The Kavanaugh accusers come to mind. Christopher Steel, Comey, and Brennan are another. And they even gave Brennan a job. How about all the supporters of Michael Brown and Trevon? There are so many examples it's sickening.

They only dug into Jaime Phillips becuase they smelled that they were being set up. It wasn't because they believed her to be a liar and just accusing Moore. Her statemets and actions made them suspicious they were the target. They would have been more than happy to run with that story if it was just about Moore. They knew O'Keefe was up to something and even had cameras set up outside Veritas's office.

Yeah, O'Keefe uses sleazy tactics to uncover sleazy leftists and left wing bias. And his sleazy tactics are criticized in right wing news outlets. Your link talks about some of the right wingers who have investigated and criticized O'Keefe.

Seriously name for me an example of that happening in the main stream media exposing a sleazy left wing organization. They can't even bring themselves to criticize ANTIFA or BLM and their tactics.
    Wow...

Post Likes
    Gary and David, please spend 20 minutes and watch this. He researched all of this and explains how people are swayed even if they know the news outlet is biased. If you guys truly believe you are fair minded liberals, this is your guy. He's one of you.

He's a very well respected research scientist. And a liberal who actively and publicity supported Hillary.
    I watched the video & I found it very interesting. I'm not sure I accept everything brought up at face value but I do have my concerns about the powerful influences of companies like Google & Facebook. I also have a hard time believing the numbers he was quoting which makes me even more suspect of Epstein's data. He failed to give one specific example of a search that yielded results to influence the election which is probably something even i could do. Even if all the conclusions that Dr. Epstein came up with were true it would have nothing to do with "fake news" but more like "fake advertisement". Let's face it, the candidate with the most money is going to do the most advertising to sway the election. I do think these companies need to be looked into & monitored but I'm more concerned about privacy violations than political influence.
    If the public is that stupid to be swayed by a search engine then maybe we should just appoint a few intelligent people from each state to choose our president instead of letting the people choose. Oh wait the founding fathers already figured that one out & came up with the electoral college.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of some of the tactics he uses (as outlined via Brian). One can't approve of such tactics, but neither can one dismiss the results. That his tactics were below grade doesn't elevate the character of the 'targets', nor change the realities that were revealed.

Journalism as a whole is a shady biz these days. Perhaps the main characteristic of the Liberal Machine vs the Repub tricycle applies: media as a whole consists (largely) of self-serving, low character slime. The difference seems to be that the Liberal media is employed in the cause of the systemically evil Machine.

You're generally a pretty objective poster. I'm not sure why you're unable to see a difference. I know you'll scoff at the thought and at the preceding paragraph. It's OK. The reality is what it is, and one can't worry too much about convincing others who don't agree.

Liberalism employs the 'Frog in a pot set to boil' method. By the time the frog realizes what's happening, it''s too late.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I watched the video & I found it very interesting. I'm not sure I accept everything brought up at face value but I do have my concerns about the powerful influences of companies like Google & Facebook. I also have a hard time believing the numbers he was quoting which makes me even more suspect of Epstein's data. He failed to give one specific example of a search that yielded results to influence the election which is probably something even i could do. Even if all the conclusions that Dr. Epstein came up with were true it would have nothing to do with "fake news" but more like "fake advertisement". Let's face it, the candidate with the most money is going to do the most advertising to sway the election. I do think these companies need to be looked into & monitored but I'm more concerned about privacy violations than political influence.
    If the public is that stupid to be swayed by a search engine then maybe we should just appoint a few intelligent people from each state to choose our president instead of letting the people choose. Oh wait the founding fathers already figured that one out & came up with the electoral college.
    Actually, I think a more apt assessment would be 'using their monopoly to filter results in order to influence voters & elections'.
    But the goal and result is similar to that of Fake News. Deception.
    Last edited by vin lashon; 10-21-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of some of the tactics he uses (as outlined via Brian). One can't approve of such tactics, but neither can one dismiss the results. That his tactics were below grade doesn't elevate the character of the 'targets', nor change the realities that were revealed.
    You think a man who lies to get "information" wouldn't lie about the information itself?

And yes, I scoffed at the rest of your post

Post Likes
    You think a man who lies to get "information" wouldn't lie about the information itself?
    No one has that degree of video editing skills. The tactics may be questionable, but no one forced the subjects responses/actions/comments. The roaches who don't scatter because they don't realize the lights are turned on are still roaches.

And yes, I scoffed at the rest of your post
    Everything all right at home, sweetpea?

Post Likes
    No one has that degree of video editing skills. The tactics may be questionable, but no one forced the subjects responses/actions/comments. The roaches who don't scatter because they don't realize the lights are turned on are still roaches.

Everything all right at home, sweetpea?
    Yes everything is fine. I just find it annoying that y'all don't see the same problems with conservative media.

As for the videos... well, people can pay for videos you know. But really, they could be 100% "real" and it still wouldn't change my mind. As I said, I am sure the same could be found about Fox News. I don't think you realize how much the "packaging" changes the content.

Post Likes
    Yes everything is fine. I just find it annoying that y'all don't see the same problems with conservative media.

As for the videos... well, people can pay for videos you know. But really, they could be 100% "real" and it still wouldn't change my mind. As I said, I am sure the same could be found about Fox News. I don't think you realize how much the "packaging" changes the content.
    Project Veritas is right wing MEDIA? You are comparing an organization like PV to CNN, NYT, WaPo, USA Today, MSNBC, AP, NBC, CBS ABC...... etc.

And you don't see the problem with the widespread news media?

You are joking right?

Post Likes
    Project Veritas is right wing MEDIA? You are comparing an organization like PV to CNN, NYT, WaPo, USA Today, MSNBC, AP, NBC, CBS ABC...... etc.

And you don't see the problem with the widespread news media?

You are joking right?
    No I am not comparing them. The comparison is Fox to CNN like it always is. And I see the same issues with both. PV is irrelevant since it has no credibility.

Post Likes

Maybe you're just missing the Big Picture.

Post Likes
    Maybe, but also maybe you are

Post Likes
    Generally speaking...

Lefties do seem to suffer from tunnel vision when it comes to things they do not 100% agree with...

IMO it is a choice, rather than a condition...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast