Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 135
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,937
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Did you watch Dr Epstein testimony? He explains how it works well. Basically a MUNUMUM of 2.5 million were swayed into voting for Hillary by Google alone. Forget about all the other things I listed.
    Sorry, I have no desire to listen to 20 minutes of Cspan. I don't think Google is perfect, and I do hope it gets some real competition, but I do not see it as the big bad boogie monster like ya'll do. I seem to have no problem finding crap from both sides of the aisle, regardless if I use Google, Duck Duck, or just in life.

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    4,677
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    I explained it well. You are purposefully ignoring the reality I pointed out. It's a self preservation thing.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    There are media outlets that swing right, there are media outlets that swing left, everyone is free to chose. Why can't you accept this simple free market concept? Your reality seems to be skewed to feelings of persecution for your beliefs, when in reality, people are simply making a choice to get their information where THEY WANT TO. It really doesn't matter that you "feel" they are wrong - they probably "feel" the same about you.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,364
    Post Likes
    When I was stationed in England I bought a tailored suit. Required dress code at the base clubs. Inside was a tag that read "Tailored Expressly For _my name____ I thought that was cool. Fit just right.
    I don't see media news any different. The news is about commerce, that's all it's about. There might be found more truthful accounts but you'd have to search and then it might be hard to know for sure.
    And the news is "Tailored Expressly For You." They do that to sell stuff. With the major networks it's drugs. Ten min out of a half hour show and like I wrote before they even bring up drama before the drug add starts to involve your attention. "Ask your doctor if shfiheuihffh is right for you."

    The news is formulated bias. Pick your poison. If you believe some media is biased, you'd probably be right. It's made for people with a singular mind set. Find one you like. It will probably be one that jabs your imagined enemy.

    Today the only thing that might unite us would be an all out war. Sound good?
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    20,690
    Post Likes

    DR... is he even a DR... ? Epsteins Bogus Report.... lol

    https://slate.com/technology/2019/08...gus-trump.html

    Oh yea.... a completely reliable source.... lol

    That was the study Epstein described in his Senate committee testimony, where he didn’t mention that his huge claim is based on monitoring the search results of just 21 undecided voters out of 95 voters for a 2017 white paper. In his submitted testimony, Epstein did provide seven pages of citations—but all of them are papers or op-eds he wrote or co-wrote himself. Only one of them—a 2015 paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, about how biased results produced by search engines could have the ability to sway undecided voters—was peer-reviewed. Even that study didn’t demonstrate that this has actually happened.

    Epstein may prefer Clinton to Trump, but the thing he seems to really dislike is Google. An article in the New York Times from early 2012 points to a tiff the psychologist had with the company after his website was hacked. Google directed visitors not to go to his page until the malicious code was removed—and kept the warning up even after Epstein tried, apparently unsuccessfully, to clean up his security and begged Google to remove the label. Epstein threatened to sue the company for not removing the warning, explaining to the Times that he felt like he was yelling at a brick wall. Later that year, he published a series of articles in the Huffington Post about why Google should be regulated. For the next few years, he began to publish more regularly about how easily Google could throw an election, largely citing himself. Starting in 2016, he become a regular on Breitbart discussing the Google topic.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Chewbacca Mom 2016

  5. #57
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,418
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    I just find it uproariously funny that an agenda driven organization like Project Veritas has the unmitigated gall to call out ANYONE as biased fake news.

    They definitely have guts ........... brains not so much.
    Bias is only the first step toward fake news. Commitment to the agenda and a willingness to compromise journalistic integrity paves the rest of the road.

    Can you provide links demonstrating Veritas videos that have been verified as 'fake', or grossly misstated?

  6. #58
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,418
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Sorry, I have no desire to listen to 20 minutes of Cspan. I don't think Google is perfect, and I do hope it gets some real competition, but I do not see it as the big bad boogie monster like ya'll do. I seem to have no problem finding crap from both sides of the aisle, regardless if I use Google, Duck Duck, or just in life.
    Nor, it would seem, to be enlightened. I get it now. Left and Right equal. Gotcha.

  7. Likes Brian8383 liked this post
  8. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,937
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Nor, it would seem, to get complete information. I get it now. Left and Right equal. Gotcha.
    Because I don't read/watch every single thing ya'll post? Might want to read Corny's post 56 yourself.

  9. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,937
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Bias is only the first step toward fake news. Commitment to the agenda and a willingness to compromise journalistic integrity paves the rest of the road.

    Can you provide links demonstrating Veritas videos that have been verified as 'fake', or grossly misstated?
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...loved-by-trump

    For starters.

  10. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,805
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    There are media outlets that swing right, there are media outlets that swing left, everyone is free to chose. Why can't you accept this simple free market concept? Your reality seems to be skewed to feelings of persecution for your beliefs, when in reality, people are simply making a choice to get their information where THEY WANT TO. It really doesn't matter that you "feel" they are wrong - they probably "feel" the same about you.
    Again, that's not what I'm referring to.

    The Google issue as outlined by Dr Epstein alone highlight one area out of dozens that people unknowingly propagandized.

    I'm pretty sure you are being deliberately confused to the point I made. It's one way you guys protect your flawed political philosophy.


    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  11. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,805
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    When I was stationed in England I bought a tailored suit. Required dress code at the base clubs. Inside was a tag that read "Tailored Expressly For _my name____ I thought that was cool. Fit just right.
    I don't see media news any different. The news is about commerce, that's all it's about. There might be found more truthful accounts but you'd have to search and then it might be hard to know for sure.
    And the news is "Tailored Expressly For You." They do that to sell stuff. With the major networks it's drugs. Ten min out of a half hour show and like I wrote before they even bring up drama before the drug add starts to involve your attention. "Ask your doctor if shfiheuihffh is right for you."

    The news is formulated bias. Pick your poison. If you believe some media is biased, you'd probably be right. It's made for people with a singular mind set. Find one you like. It will probably be one that jabs your imagined enemy.

    Today the only thing that might unite us would be an all out war. Sound good?
    None of this is what I'm talking about.

    Are you guys really this dense that you don't get the point made by me and by Dr Epstein?

    Talking about confirmation bias and talking about what outlets you chose to watch or listen to has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with my point.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  12. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,805
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    https://slate.com/technology/2019/08...gus-trump.html

    Oh yea.... a completely reliable source.... lol

    That was the study Epstein described in his Senate committee testimony, where he didn’t mention that his huge claim is based on monitoring the search results of just 21 undecided voters out of 95 voters for a 2017 white paper. In his submitted testimony, Epstein did provide seven pages of citations—but all of them are papers or op-eds he wrote or co-wrote himself. Only one of them—a 2015 paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, about how biased results produced by search engines could have the ability to sway undecided voters—was peer-reviewed. Even that study didn’t demonstrate that this has actually happened.

    Epstein may prefer Clinton to Trump, but the thing he seems to really dislike is Google. An article in the New York Times from early 2012 points to a tiff the psychologist had with the company after his website was hacked. Google directed visitors not to go to his page until the malicious code was removed—and kept the warning up even after Epstein tried, apparently unsuccessfully, to clean up his security and begged Google to remove the label. Epstein threatened to sue the company for not removing the warning, explaining to the Times that he felt like he was yelling at a brick wall. Later that year, he published a series of articles in the Huffington Post about why Google should be regulated. For the next few years, he began to publish more regularly about how easily Google could throw an election, largely citing himself. Starting in 2016, he become a regular on Breitbart discussing the Google topic.
    Lol. Slate.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  13. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,246
    Post Likes
    I don’t believe the media influences much any more. Back in the day the daily newspaper and evening news definitely had some influence.

    These days everyone has their opinions, and there ain’t nothing really changing them. Just look at folk on this site. Everyone just finds the “news” that meets their needs...

    Fake news is what the other guy believes.

  14. Likes Lahrs liked this post
  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    12,805
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    For starters, this supports our side.

    O'Keefe and his tactics have been ROUNDLY criticized by all of this biased "right wing" news outlets. I have myself criticized O'Keefe and his shady tactics on ARP.

    Please name for me a time any left wing outlet stood up for the truth when someone on their team did something like O'Keefe.

    And what O'Keefe does is lies and deceaves to try and catch his targets doing the same. What he did with the Moore accuser was to send her in with a made up story to see if they would run with it.

    Sleazy and deceptive. And the right wing outlets unanimously criticized O'Keefe.

    BTW, how many times have left wing outlets, including main stream respected(LOL!) outlets, reported known liars to take down someone on the right? The Kavanaugh accusers come to mind. Christopher Steel, Comey, and Brennan are another. And they even gave Brennan a job. How about all the supporters of Michael Brown and Trevon? There are so many examples it's sickening.

    They only dug into Jaime Phillips becuase they smelled that they were being set up. It wasn't because they believed her to be a liar and just accusing Moore. Her statemets and actions made them suspicious they were the target. They would have been more than happy to run with that story if it was just about Moore. They knew O'Keefe was up to something and even had cameras set up outside Veritas's office.

    Yeah, O'Keefe uses sleazy tactics to uncover sleazy leftists and left wing bias. And his sleazy tactics are criticized in right wing news outlets. Your link talks about some of the right wingers who have investigated and criticized O'Keefe.

    Seriously name for me an example of that happening in the main stream media exposing a sleazy left wing organization. They can't even bring themselves to criticize ANTIFA or BLM and their tactics.



    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •