Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=vin lashon;25797837]

It's OK. The Left still tells its viewers what they're supposed to believe, and mostly, they do believe.

I don't disagree but since we are truth telling today wouldn't you agree the right media does the same. I'm fairly sure because often the same rhetoric of division is used on both sides. Not so much the Networks but cable/satellite is full of it.
    I'm not sure we would have the division situation if both "receivers" of rhetoric weren't fed the gospel of division from both sides.
    When understanding the stars of the shows make their popularity by feeding what the "receivers" want to hear. The more forceful the better.

Job sites commonly have a radio blaring and often it's right wing talk. I never heard a call to end division in America. In fact I heard the opposite.

There is a TV show called The Good Fight. My wife would tune from time to time (she likes the law) Then something strange happened with the script. They developed a kind of underground far left group that would do anything to affect an election. I was surprised because I thought the show was a left wind propaganda machine.
    The script did have an affect of realizing this crap is going on. Both sides having a take no prisoners attitude. My wife quit watching. An ethical decision.
    In the end, we are media victims because the availability if information is in the media's control. 1984?
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    I hear lots of right leaners saying the lefty’s are told what to believe. Just about everyone is told what to believe. Except for guys like me of course...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    You have your guard way up around here where I don't. I couldn't care less if little people like you, MG and Beer want to take every opportunity to sling insults. I know it is rooted in insecurity and lack of ego. But it does get tiresome and there is a time to respond.

"When did I ever say that?" When do you admit anything here? But the talking politics at your work, you've said that repeatedly.

Here's one for you, "When did I ever call myself an idiot." DAH! "When did I ever...when did I ever?"
    You really should just put it all behind you ...it's done.
    I suggest your next topic to be about something that you have a sporting chance of winning... Or one like the climate thread... Very difficult to prove anything one way or the other there.. perfect ... Endless fight just how you like it

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    A current CNN employee, fed up with his own networks fake news secretly recorded many hours of conversations with fellow employees, meetings (at which Jeff Zucker was present and spouting his anti-Trump message, telling broadcasters to focus on impeachment...).

You guys on the Left...wake up! There is a 'Get Trump!' vendetta going on, and many have swallowed the party line, hook, line and sinker.
    So tell me again that you believe that the move to impeach isn't a strategy, and that Fake News is a Republican conspiracy to defraud the press.

Gary: You believe that Trump is trying to impinge on freedom of the press...a "dictator". Our argument has been that they aren't the press, they're the Liberal Propaganda Branch, and Trump just pushes back. This type of "news" isn't exclusive to CNN. Almost any Liberal outlet tells these lies.
    The link. Scroll down a bit in the article to see the video:
    https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/...xposecnnpart1/

Problem here is your source seems to be as guilty of propaganda as the sources they condemn. We can't simply cherry pick what we believe or we won't ever know anything but what the source wants us to believe.
    The right media wouldn't let Clinton go. Even when they were found not guilty in the White Water fiasco. The right media never gave BO a chance. Every move was jumped on even before the cows came home. They were bastards. I say that because I will try to support someone if elected until they prove I can't.
    Know your sources as they need the same scrutiny as those they condemn.

https://www.thewrap.com/network-staf...es-about-this/

Forbes recommends these news sources if you want to have a chance rather than "alternative facts"aka Trump staffers.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#24163b11e9b5

Just sayin...

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Problem here is your source seems to be as guilty of propaganda as the sources they condemn. We can't simply cherry pick what we believe or we won't ever know anything but what the source wants us to believe.
    The right media wouldn't let Clinton go. Even when they were found not guilty in the White Water fiasco. The right media never gave BO a chance. Every move was jumped on even before the cows came home. They were bastards. I say that because I will try to support someone if elected until they prove I can't.

Forbes recommends these news sources if you want to have a chance rather than "alternative facts"aka Trump staffers.

Just sayin...
    The source here is incidental. The question at hand is: Is the video real? I think the obvious answer to that is yes. Although Veritas has been accused of manipulating, I think in most cases, it is much easier to manipulate via ink or broadcast than it is for hidden video. In this case, I think the video tells the tale. Do you have some knowledge that it doesn't?

Post Likes
    The source here is incidental. The question at hand is: Is the video real? I think the obvious answer to that is yes...
    You really don't understand bias do you?

Post Likes
    The source here is incidental. The question at hand is: Is the video real? I think the obvious answer to that is yes. Although Veritas has been accused of manipulating, I think in most cases, it is much easier to manipulate via ink or broadcast than it is for hidden video. In this case, I think the video tells the tale. Do you have some knowledge that it doesn't?
    The knowledge I have is hearsay in that it's not my investigation but if you check out Veritas' by your choice of reviews they are criticized for leaving stuff on the floor of the editing room and using some might call underhanded tactics. Edit for effect.
    I don't expect them to win any journalism awards.
    There are a number of reviews of this recording on the net. Those I glossed over weren't favorable. Maybe you can dig deeper.

Post Likes

Just sayin...

On that guy's list if credible news outlets are:

- Washington Post
    - The New York Times
    - The New Yorker
    - AP, Router and Bloomberg
    - The Atlantic
    - Politico
    - National Public Radio
    - TIME magazine
    - The Los Angeles Times
    - USA Today
    - CNN
    - NBC News
    - CBS News

Just sayin'

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    You really don't understand bias do you?
    I don't believe he's questioning the bias of Project Veritas. If that's what you are implying. I'm sure everyone in the world knows that they are biased. Even they readily admit it as their mission statement.

They aren't a news outlet. They are a partisan attack group. They are up front about it.

The sad part is outlets like CNN and WaPo are nearly as far away from fair/balanced news as Project Veritas is. That's the problem. They are all in the same ballpark for sure. The difference is PV readily admits it out in the open. The left wing widespread news does their best to hide it and cover for each other.

I see very little difference between PV, Hannity, Tucker Carlson and people like: Don Lemmon, Wolf Blitzer, Joy Reid, Chris Hayes, Alison Camerata, Brian Williams, Andrea Mitchell, Norah O'Donnell, Anderson Cooper, Brooke Baldwin, Ana Cabrera, Chris Matthews, Chris Cuomo, Poppy Harlow, Brian Stelter, Jake Tapper, Jim Acosta, etc, etc, etc....

But what's the difference between Project Veritas, Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham and all the other people listed? The others are presented as "news". Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, PV are all admitted and proud partisans. No one is hiding or attempting to cover that up. The mountain of talk show, trash talkers on the left are presented as serious news(lol). Then heap on top of that NYT, WaPo, Time Magazine, Google, Facebook, etc, etc all trying to present themselves as news. And all protecting eachother's dishonest bias.

10. Likes Missouri Guy, vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    The knowledge I have is hearsay in that it's not my investigation but if you check out Veritas' by your choice of reviews they are criticized for leaving stuff on the floor of the editing room and using some might call underhanded tactics. Edit for effect.
    I don't expect them to win any journalism awards.
    There are a number of reviews of this recording on the net. Those I glossed over weren't favorable. Maybe you can dig deeper.
    I'm not arguing in favor of Veritas, but the content of the video. Even if edited, it would be difficult to interpret the CNN footage in any other way than what it appears to be.

Post Likes
    I'm not arguing in favor of Veritas, but the content of the video. Even if edited, it would be difficult to interpret the CNN footage in any other way than what it appears to be.
    The evil MSM is running a video of the "stable genius" telling folks all about his big, beautiful wall that you can't get over or under in Colorado. Since it is actual video of him saying it should I believe that the United States of America is building a border wall in Colorado?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes

I wouldn't defend CNN or any reportage that aligns themselves too extreme with any side right or left. Extremism is built on intolerance.
    I know they will defend their position at least to a point. A measure of their personal commitment to their cause.
    With any belief system that takes a dump, runs out of reason, there is a time of reckoning. A point where even the true believers jump ship to save what little is left of their sense of self. Time to regroup.
    I remember sometime in the 80's an Englishman who had married an American was watching the news, something about the President, fairly intoxicated, and yelled "YES, but would you die for him??"Kind of funny but did suggest a thought. At what point would you abandon your political commitment? When to bail.

14. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    I don't believe he's questioning the bias of Project Veritas. If that's what you are implying. I'm sure everyone in the world knows that they are biased. Even they readily admit it as their mission statement.

They aren't a news outlet. They are a partisan attack group. They are up front about it.

The sad part is outlets like CNN and WaPo are nearly as far away from fair/balanced news as Project Veritas is. That's the problem. They are all in the same ballpark for sure. The difference is PV readily admits it out in the open. The left wing widespread news does their best to hide it and cover for each other.

I see very little difference between PV, Hannity, Tucker Carlson and people like: Don Lemmon, Wolf Blitzer, Joy Reid, Chris Hayes, Alison Camerata, Brian Williams, Andrea Mitchell, Norah O'Donnell, Anderson Cooper, Brooke Baldwin, Ana Cabrera, Chris Matthews, Chris Cuomo, Poppy Harlow, Brian Stelter, Jake Tapper, Jim Acosta, etc, etc, etc....

But what's the difference between Project Veritas, Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham and all the other people listed? The others are presented as "news". Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, PV are all admitted and proud partisans. No one is hiding or attempting to cover that up. The mountain of talk show, trash talkers on the left are presented as serious news(lol). Then heap on top of that NYT, WaPo, Time Magazine, Google, Facebook, etc, etc all trying to present themselves as news. And all protecting eachother's dishonest bias.
    Bias in itself is to be expected. In all. Bias becomes an issue when certain characteristics are missing...integrity (the most important), insight, etc., which results in dubious acts.

Another difference between the Right media (biased or not) and MsM (which, as you so rightly point out, includes all the trash-talking shows) is the system they serve. No one seems to see the reality that much of the 'bias in action' from the right is in an effort to expose the malfeasance & lies of the Left and MsM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast