Post Likes

Need help on a old install mystery 2 ton compressor installed in a 2.5 system

years ago I bought a Goodman ARUF032-00A-1 Handler with the matched CLT30-A1 Condenser 2.5 ton unit
    I had some coil freezing because bad air flow (I didn't understand at the time) so i called the installer to come take a look at it
    This was the 2nd summer running it that it and it started freezing

They told me my compressor was bad....ok
    Got the replacement compressor from warranty np, They came out installed the new compressor but i could see the installer was having a
    very hard time to the point he was tiring to blow out the Evaporator coil with Freon like there was some thing blocking the piping
    Then told me on that 108 deg that he could not fix it......wtf

So years later im looking at trashing the unit and selling the new replacement compressor i look up the model # ZR24K4-PFV-930 its a 2 ton compressor in a 2.5 ton system
    was this the problem that the installer bailed and put me and my wife through hell in the AZ summer

And what would be a good price to sell this compressor for ?
    thank you

Post Likes
    http://igate.northernplumbing.com/pa...manMfg/CLT.pdf

Page 7 under M2 says you got a OEM replacement and on top of that a matched system, amazing!

Did you register it initially and are you the original owner, says you got a lifetime compressor warranty.......in case they charged you for the compressor.

https://www.alpinehomeair.com/relate...ec%20Sheet.pdf

Page 4 AHRI number 503868

Post Likes
    It is common to find a 24 compressor in a 30 unit. Or any installation you could find your comp 1/2 ton lower rated than the outdoor unit. But often you don't find the outdoor units at full capacity so your 30 could really be 28,000 BTU for example.

4. Likes Freezeking2000 liked this post
    Post Likes
    ARI number given ( 503868 ) says 26600 total BTU/HR with your original matched system..

Post Likes
    I bought it new on eBay, I remember going in to Goodman here in phoenix and them telling me it was register in TX and that they wouldn't help me with big smiles on their face....thinking ??wtf??
    The place i bought it replaced the compressor for free

Thank you for the heads up on the Unit, now i just don't understand why the guy bailed.

Post Likes
    A “bad” compressor didn’t cause your indoor coil to freeze.

Sounds like the contractor found the cause of the freeze up, but didn’t know how to fix it. And didn’t want to work too much in a hot attic.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland View Post
    I bought it new on eBay, I remember going in to Goodman here in phoenix and them telling me it was register in TX and that they wouldn't help me with big smiles on their face....thinking ??wtf??
    The place i bought it replaced the compressor for free

Thank you for the heads up on the Unit, now i just don't understand why the guy bailed.
    I am sure if the contractor you used sold you a new system he would have been more willing to address the air flow issues. Most likely he may have identified the air flow problems prior to selling you a new system. this is part of our responsibility as a contractor to make sure the system we are installing will have the proper airflow to provide the comfort desired. your contractor did not get paid for that evaluation or get to sell you the equipment so therefore he does not have the liability or desire to put his resources into taking care of somebody else's issue.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Post Likes
    Thank you all for your time and for what you guys are saying is the same gut feeling I had from the start.
    I learn a lot from the experience back then, and as I build my house I built it for a all in one unit on the ground
    and will learn the inner workings of Hvac

Post Likes
    I'm not knocking you, but I'd like to point a couple things out. You state he blew out the evap coil with refrigerant, if the refrigerant wasn't recovered then they broke Federal law, it is illegal to vent refrigerant as described. As stated if your compressor can freeze a coil then theres no problem with it. One of the many problems with internet purchases, you said it's new equipment but was registered in another state. Did you get new equipment or is it new to you, maybe someone made a paperwork mistake, maybe its stolen equipment. If I'm the contractor and I sold you the equipment and this occurs, I'm going to be on the phone with the manager of the distributor I bought it from clearing this up for you right quick and in a hurry. If you bought it on the internet then I'm not involved because we hear stories like this pretty often and I dont need the kind of headache that can occur being in possession of stolen property. I'm not trying to knock you, I hope you can get someone that does great work to get you going again, but this is a life lesson. Hopefully others can avoid your bad experience