Post Likes

Fujitsu ARU12RLF concealed duct unit, leaking refrigerant. Advice please!

Hello all!

So I have a Fujitsu mini-split system that has a leak--which seems to be a slow leek. The contractor put dye in the system and when it was last checked, the dye was present by the coils in the ARU12RLF Concealed Duct Unit. The photos show, what I think is, pretty severe corrosion by the coils. I would like to know what your thoughts are of how severe this looks or if it appears normal. The system is 4 years old.

Thanks!
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Likes
    Normal for any A/C after a years run time.

Post Likes
    That unit should be under warranty!

Post Likes
    I just contacted the company that installed the unit and once i mentioned that dye was put in the system, they said that would void the warranty... Not really sure why..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michael40378 View Post
    I just contacted the company that installed the unit and once i mentioned that dye was put in the system, they said that would void the warranty... Not really sure why..
    There looking for a way out. Infra red Dye does not void the warranty!

Post Likes
    It was some type of green dye, does that make a difference?

Thanks for your help!!!

Post Likes
    Dye is oil. In fact, Gree suggests dye for leaks.
    Doug

Post Likes
    So a different company put the dye in? I dont buy what the installer is saying or I'd want to see some proof of that in writing. Find out the name of the product that was installed and email the manufacturer to see if its approved

Post Likes
    So, the system was installed four years ago by one company. I have a home warranty from American Home Shield so I call them if I have any issues and they send out a different HVAC company. The company AHS sent out, put dye in the system to check see where the leak was coming from, and the leak was coming somewhere near the coils--pictured above. I thought the system only had a 2 year warranty so I had not contacted the original installer. Once I posted here, pecmsg mentioned that it is likely under warranty, so I called the original installed and they agreed it should be under warranty, but once I mentioned they the system had dye put in, he mentioned that Fujitsu would void the warranty. The unit with the issue is a Fujitsu ARU12RLF concealed duct unit.
    -Mike

Post Likes
    Contact Fujitsu and ask them.
    I wouldn’t mention the home warranty company. There a scam!

Post Likes
    I wouldn't let a HW company open a can of beans, let alone work on a complex, microprocessor controlled, high end system. Take the payout and find a Fujitsu's dealer, that is the best thing you can do. If you dont believe that search for threads on here involving HW companies and how well that has worked out for people.