Post Likes

N4 Niagara - Animating point/Image Change Speed

Is there anyway to speed up the rate at an image changes?

I've done some graphic work for HOA switches and animated my point to change the image depending on the state of the point. However when switching between them there is probably around 2-3 second delay before the image switches to the selected state.

I've checked the status of the point and that always changes almost instantly, so it seems to be the image changing process that's lagging behind.

I'm currently using a NumericWritable for my point but someone suggested i used an EnumWritable but that doesn't seem to speed up the process either.

Post Likes
    there is a 3000ms delay for a page update if you are using the html5 version.

Post Likes
    I'm using the html profile on the desktop server and the delay isn't too bad, it seems to be more noticeable when i'm using it on a tablet but that's in handheld profile not html.

I was just wondering if i was missing something as i don't have this issue when using dglux in the eclypse controllers.

Post Likes
    Just a little update, i managed to figure out a solution if anyone else ends up in the same boat as me.

If you enable SFTP on the platform and then navigate to - opt/niagara/defaults/

download the file system.properties and edit in notepad. Look for:

# Polling frequency (in millis) for background updating in HxViews.
    hx.poll.freq=1000
    #java.awt.im.style=below-the-spot

I reduced my frequency to 250 and my animation refresh rate is seamless now.

Post Likes
    So four times a second, is that going to overload any pages that take longer than a quarter second to load?
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    I've not had any issues with it on my current project but i imagine i will with the larger pages, obviously adjust that poll.freq to suite.