Post Likes

walk in cooler low pressure not low on charge

apologies for any mistakes I've made in the post. I'm pretty exhausted. maybe the summer has me burnt out, but I can't figure this one out.

r22 walk in cooler looks like a heatcraft. no data tag on condenser. it's has a twin in the same space running fine. it was running great until it formed a leak a couple days ago. today I replaced the section of lineset that was leaking in attic space below roof/above cooler (along with new sight glass, liquid and suction dryers up top). went to gas it up today, r22 written in black marker above the service ports. no markings on the Txvs, just a sporlan logo. I energized the solenoid and verified it was in working condition. I kept it energized the entire time that I did the work, as well as during the vacuum stage. when I went to gas it up, the system wouldn't come up to pressures. I tried adding more refrigerant despite glass being clear, to no benefit. no chatter from compressor valves, amps are good, they match the identical system. indoor evaps are two heatcraft lsc140aj's.

outdoor ambient is 66
    indoor is 47
    suction. liquid
    19 psi 159
    -7 sat. 86
    61 temp. 98
    68 super -12 sub

I cant find a restriction. no more than 2 degree drop on any joint. gas state change is audible in both evap coils. louder in the furthest coil.

thanks for your time.

Post Likes
    Headmaster or fan cycling? Is that evap or compressor sh? Either way that’s too much super heat.
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    thanks for responding! fans are continuous. air defrost.

Post Likes
    Sight glass is clear because you have 100% vapor going through it. 86 saturated and 98 line temp is 12 degrees superheated vapor.

You need to measure your reciever and get your correct charge in there. Depending on the size you may need to add for the condenser as well.

Would have expected 180 or greater for that headmaster not 160 but its possible.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by idontgetit View Post
    Sight glass is clear because you have 100% vapor going through it. 86 saturated and 98 line temp is 12 degrees superheated vapor.

You need to measure your reciever and get your correct charge in there. Depending on the size you may need to add for the condenser as well.

Would have expected 180 or greater for that headmaster not 160 but its possible.
    X2.
    Your hearing gas go thru the txv, not liquid changing state.
    To be sure of this, close the king valve. Then open it and watch for liquid filling the glass. Or not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Likes UmmScott liked this post