Post Likes

Armstrong spark ignition furnace -old magicpak help!

Working on a spark ignition old Armstrong magic pak. The pilot light keep going on and off, stay on for a few seconds and goes off. With click noises. Can’t seem to to stay on. Is it the ignition system or the gas valve, maybe the electrode? Thanks much!!

Post Likes
    This would be a pretty simple problem to solve for a service tech. Best to give them a call and get the problem rectified. This is not a DIY site. Site rules say so. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thanks for the response. This is my unit and asking for advice not instructions. Most techs out in my area are not familiar with old units like this. They come out I pay them for their suggestion to buy a new unit and end up fixing it myself. If you have some advise on what I can look out for when making diagnosis I’d appreciate it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak5411 View Post
    Thanks for the response. This is my unit and asking for advice not instructions. Most techs out in my area are not familiar with old units like this. They come out I pay them for their suggestion to buy a new unit and end up fixing it myself. If you have some advise on what I can look out for when making diagnosis I’d appreciate it.
    Find an older tech!

Post Likes
    Roger that!