Post Likes

Williamson Temp O Matic Oil Furnace filter location ??

Hello everybody. I am new owner of an old house that has oil powered furnace that had no air filter at the time of purchase and i cant figure where it goes. I have old Williamson Temp o Matic furnace. please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Well that's a mess.
    First of all, where's the flue pipe? I hope you aren't running it with out the flue pipe connected.
    Looks like the whole back is the return air. Is/was there a filter on whatever is covering the blower motor?
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Wheres the flue?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    There should be a flue pipe, as others have stated, BEFORE anything you run that.

There should be a door on the back(font, too) that covers the blower motor and wheel assembly. The silver metal bar, going side to side in the photo, holds the filter bottom and the top leans against a similar bar inside at the top. Filter lays at an angle, like this \.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    OP, have you got everything figured out? Is the unit running?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    Run that furnace without a flue and the house is gonna R E E K. First of oil exhaust fumes, then of bodies decaying. Not to be gross but...

Post Likes
    Thanks for all replays. Flue is just trmporary removed due to repair. So i found thus filter that fitts like this / but not sure if its right because there is still space in between the walls. here isthe picture:

Post Likes
    Yeah....no.
    If it went like that you would have a complete frame to support the filter.
    Seems like you're missing the 2 back panels.
    I think the top panel would be solid and the bottom would hold the filter.Name:  pic.png
Views: 47
Size:  1.35 MB

Or, the back is completely solid and the filter goes on the top, can't see with the pic provided.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    borh panels are solig and i dont see any frame fpr the filter. i set one i have on the chanel thqt sits between to panels above blower assembly. is this right ?