Post Likes

Two dead, 18 taken to a hospital after collapse at Hard Rock Hotel construction site

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...otel-collapse/

How in the world does this happen with all the modern engineering and regulation we have? Somebody is probably going to jail.

2. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Reminds me of the one in AC maybe 10+ years ago. I think that one was due to not letting concrete cure enough before removing forms and building higher in a parking garage.
    It’s almost always from taking shortcuts.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    I still have nightmares from working in the USA Today Building in Rosalyn, VA. Way back in the early 80's Two of us were hanging VAV Boxes in Green Concrete as they poured floors above us. This job continued through the Winter, we lost a couple VAV Boxes from them being blown out of the building. Not our fault, other contractors were unwrapping them for the Masonite they were packed in. I remember coming home, and soaking in the tub for hours just to stop the shivering. Green concrete is brutal.
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    Whoa, someone messed up big time.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Probably built by the same people that built the University of Florida bridge that collapsed.

Post Likes
    I was visiting my brother in Louisiana over the weekend and they interrupted the football game on the TV to show the detonation of the two cranes. What a cluster that was.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    Did they ever say why or how the collapse initiated?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Yard of concrete weights over 4k. Look at the spacing of the upright steel. There 30' apart not 10'. Beams should of been filled with concrete they weren't. Some of the workers express there concerns but no one listen. Looking at lower floors either beams were added or they were installed from the start.