Post Likes

Spyder BACnet Terminal assignment Differs from actual Points Data base

Using prepackaged Spyder program
    CVAHU 107S
    In Spyder Terminal assignment view, we carefully assign different values to particular inputs and outputs
    Ex. BI-1 Is Fan status
    UI-1= Discharge Air Temp
    We are using two sensors with oly a Cooling valve
    When I proxy the points they have different terminals assignments
    I know, with some Dedicated Johnson AND Reliable Controls Controllers, if you use their embedded programs you must use their Terminal assignments
    Is their anyway to change that,
    or else ,
    me is going up on a Genie lift and rewiring the controllers
    Is there a way I can Down load a simple PID program ,there are many on my PC,from a wire sheet
    Into the Spyder

Post Likes
    I think maybe you are confusing the Bacnet Object ID for the point with the physical IO assignment. For example, if I drag a Bacnet Venom CVAHU_107S out by default biFanStatus is physically assigned to hardware input DI 1. However, if I discover the points and look at BI_biFanStatus it says binaryInput 4. This is the bacnet object ID and not the actual terminal assignment. If you notice in the Venom apps all of the hardware points are linked to software points in an application folder called CtlData1.

You want to make sure you proxy out the software points and not the actual IO point. This is already done for you in the Venom app. Problems can occur if you proxy out the actual IO points.

Name:  SpyderTerminal.png
Views: 47
Size:  4.5 KB
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Got it , thank you

Post Likes
    points can be reassigned in terminal view?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by techservices View Post
    points can be reassigned in terminal view?
    Yes, the IO can be reassigned through the Terminal Assignment View.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    The terminal assignment view and the virtual point are what matches up is the biggest thing.

It’s confusing how there’s hardware points but then the software points and they don’t exactly match up. You can go into advanced properties of those spyder hardware points and change the numbers around so that, hardware DI1 is assigned to address 1, then when you download and re-discover the points the hardware DI1 will be what you want it to be, and the software points should be the how they were previously.

This got me when I had 4 zone temps, and all the hardware offset points was brought in so we could calibrate the sensors without downloads. It was so confusing because ZoneTemp1 was on UI1,so you’d think the AI1_Offset point would be for that ZoneTemp1. Nope, it was the AI3_Offset point because address 3 is what was in the properties of the hardware point..
    It’s not often needed, but sure is nice when hardware points are discovered as they are physically created. Even though being UIs, they’d be - AI1,3,6,7,8 BI2,4,5,9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk