Post Likes

So confused - Infared heaters

Evidently, Infared heaters only heat people & objects, but a lot of them also have thermostats on them. Why?

I mean, what temperature is being measured if the air itself isn’t being heated?

T

Post Likes
    The Radiant heater heats up the objects, the object then warm up and cause a convection cycle; the air gets heated up by the objects it’s near too and starts to rise, cold air replenishes this moving warm air and thus heating up the air temperature in the room as well.

Think of it like the Sun being your radiant heater, a dark coloured car for example will be really hot to touch, as you move your hand away from the car slowly it’s still being warmed up.
    That’s the way I understand it anyways, most likely there are better and/or more accurate descriptions out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thank you!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchy.wall View Post
    The Radiant heater heats up the objects, the object then warm up and cause a convection cycle; the air gets heated up by the objects it’s near too and starts to rise, cold air replenishes this moving warm air and thus heating up the air temperature in the room as well.

Think of it like the Sun being your radiant heater, a dark coloured car for example will be really hot to touch, as you move your hand away from the car slowly it’s still being warmed up.
    That’s the way I understand it anyways, most likely there are better and/or more accurate descriptions out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds pretty good to me.