Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Swokhvac View Post
    There is a demand here in Oklahoma and I am willing to move. My fraud was brought upon by an ex wife with a vandetta. But if I had been a better record keeper it would have never happened. It happened at a business that I used to own..all my customers loved me and even wrote letters to the judge in support of me. I was never accused of stealing from and person just a government entity with the letters I.R.S

Being honest with any future employer is a must. I have known employers who would give people a second chance. This was in both commercial and resi companies. One fired someone on the spot after he found out they weren't totally up front.

The IRS usually can tell the difference between fraud and negligence. If I was in the position of giving you that second chance your description above would make me have second thoughts. Not keeping the best records is not fraud and it might be best to take responsibility and not blame the ex. That is my advice, just being honest.

Good luck!
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Honesty is the best course of action here. 1st if you are caught not telling the truth your chances are zero. If you are honest 100% with your employer then they can work around what ever your felony was for. It does limit you for your ability to work at different places. So if a company’s largest customer is government then your chances are zero. But you can work onsite at most facilities with your conviction. Only convict I know of that never has a chance in any trade if kiddy fiddlers. Most people would be surprised to find out the number of felons on a job site. I have worked with convicted murderers and thieves at large corporations. Don’t think that because you have that conviction it stops your ability to work in this trade. Check with your local unemployment office for programs. There are even programs that are designed for people in your situation. Some up here say that they would never hire a convict but they would also reconsider based on your resume also. References can be your best friend here. We all make mistakes but it’s what we do after that shows who we truly are.
    Good luck

Post Likes
    I just want to say thank you everyone on this site for the encouragement. I have been looking at the different trade and even truck driving and the hvac guys are the most helpful and encouraging out of all of them.

Post Likes
    One might be surprised at how many jobs in govt might be open to you. Starting your own business again if able is also a good option. Many websites also suggest truckdriving as an option as you seem to already know.

If you decide to go with hvac I think smaller to midsize companies may be the best fit.

Again good luck!

Post Likes
    There is a demand here in Oklahoma and I am willing to move. My fraud was brought upon by an ex wife with a vandetta. But if I had been a better record keeper it would have never happened. It happened at a business that I used to own..all my customers loved me and even wrote letters to the judge in support of me. I was never accused of stealing from and person just a government entity with the letters I.R.S
    They hate competition it’s their job to steal
    You could run for public office
    Good luck
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    I will be able to start my own hvac business here in Oklahoma..the only thing holding me back is getting the required experience to obtain my contractor license

Post Likes
    I will be able to start my own hvac business here in Oklahoma..the only thing holding me back is getting the required experience to obtain my contractor license
    And 10 + years experience!

Post Likes
    https://www.weldonlong.com/about/

Read his story. I have his autobiography. Impressive guy.

Post Likes
    I think it's five in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    And 10 + years experience!
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I think it's five in CA.

I think he was saying that qualifying for a contractors license doesn't necessarily mean that you are qualified to run an HVAC business properly. That was what I took it to mean.

Post Likes
    I know there is a lot to learn and I’m eager to learn as much as I can..I just want the opportunity to learn and better myself

Post Likes
    There are those that disagree with me, but here's how I've always done it. Show up clean cut, and dressed for work. Don't have more than a beer or two the night before. Be willing to under bid others looking for work.

Always say things like yes sir, and no sir. Show total respect. But be confident and relaxed.

Doesn't hurt to ask a few questions. Shows that you care and have a brain.

Funny thing is, where I am now, I went in all prepared. With paperwork and various documentation. Sat down and it was more like a casual chat. Mostly had nothing to do with HVAC. I was commanding more than he was or has paid any other employee. Was hired essentially on the spot. Never even filled out an application. Just gave them my social security number and they copied my drivers license. That was four years ago.

I know there is a lot to learn and I’m eager to learn as much as I can..I just want the opportunity to learn and better myself
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12