Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    The fact that it has taken so long to just get to an impeachment inquiry leads me to believe that most of their efforts are now valid. I still doubt the house will vote to impeach Trump unless they have more evidence than what we have been made aware of. From what I've seen thus far there is not enough evidence to impeach Trump & I'm pretty much what most would call a Trump hater.
    You realize that the current impeachment process started at the same time the Mueller report concluded that there was no "collusion conspiracy" by any American, including any person part of the Trump campaign? One could make the point that the timing wasn't so much based on new evidence but instead when it was time to try something else.

The reality is that it doesn't require any evidence to impeach a President. Look to the case of Andrew Johnson, impeached ostensibly for his violation of the Tenure of Office Act, even though said act was patently unconstitutional and presumed to create a new power for Congress limiting the ability of the President to fire whom he wanted to. The real reason for the impeachment was that Johnson wanted to quickly reintegrate the Southern States, while the Republican Congress (same party as Johnson) wanted to force a long and painful reconstruction on the South. In any case, not only was the Act unconstitutional, but Johnson never violated it.

Understand that the U.S. Founders knew that Congress would be corrupt, as they were well experienced with parliamentary systems of government that had preceded them. The checks and balances enshrined in the Constitution were intended to keep the entire Government from being too powerful. The Founders understood that Impeachment had the potential to unbalance the power of the Executive, which is why a super majority is required in the Senate to remove from office. What may not have been envisioned is the use of Impeachment solely as a means to politically damage an officeholder in an effort to influence a future election. Why, because the failure to remove an incumbent can be expected to have far reaching negative consequences for those involved in the failed effort.

Post Likes
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    That second one...

If it were to go viral...
    May well be the downfall of Nancy P!

Could not happen to a more deserving person!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234