Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    There is no basis in rational thought for this.
    I sincerely hope your right.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Yes, this is true -- when due process is the backbone of the procedure. But what Pelosi and Schiff and other Dems are doing purposely avoids due process. They use the word "impeachment" as a tool in their never-ending campaign to force Mr. Trump from office by whatever means they can muster.
    No, they are in the investigative phase. If they go ahead and impeach now... then Trump can start bringing witnesses in to depose... and work with them so that all their stories jibe.

The dims know what they are dealing with..... an administration that will lie and cheat to cover facts. One that will get mega donor appointees to lie..

Trump is going to get his chance. Once he is impeached by the house then the "grand jury" phase will be over... and the trial portion will begin.

Thats when Trumps lawyers... and I use that term very loosely... lol.... will be able to have access to the prosecutions witnesses and "evidence"... lol

Look... the dims know that there is no way the senate will convict him..... so it is only smart for them to drag this thing out... selectively leak stuff.. so that Trump can be tried in the court of public opinion.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    You are so right that it is inadvisable for Don the Con to testify under oath but the real reason is because the man has such a propensity to lie in general for no good reason. One could only imagine the whoppers he would spew to save his butt from prosecution.
    Good thing. Imagination is all there is here.

Post Likes
    Why was Trump elected in spite of the fact that Hillary got 2% more of the popular vote (65,853,625 vs 62,985,106)? Was it cheating? Rigged? Unconstitutional? Were laws broken?
    I think you misunderstood the context of my post. Trump won the presidency completely according to the rules set down by the Constitution. I was just comparing Trump winning the election through due process & Trump being removed from office through due process to how both sides could feel that their vote didn't count. I'm not at all saying Trump was elected because of cheating or it was rigged, unconstitutional or laws were broken. It seems like that is what the Trump supporters are saying if Trump gets removed from office.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Yes, this is true -- when due process is the backbone of the procedure. But what Pelosi and Schiff and other Dems are doing purposely avoids due process. They use the word "impeachment" as a tool in their never-ending campaign to force Mr. Trump from office by whatever means they can muster.
    The Dems can try any tricks they want but they are not going to get Trump removed from office with a two thirds majority of the senate where the Reps hold the majority. They would have to come up with undeniable evidence of serious wrong doing to turn his supporters & those senators against him. I just don't see that happening.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I think you misunderstood the context of my post. Trump won the presidency completely according to the rules set down by the Constitution. I was just comparing Trump winning the election through due process & Trump being removed from office through due process to how both sides could feel that their vote didn't count. I'm not at all saying Trump was elected because of cheating or it was rigged, unconstitutional or laws were broken. It seems like that is what the Trump supporters are saying if Trump gets removed from office.
    Thanks for the clarification. In regards to the bolded, I resepct the process and respect those who respect it. However, I don't believe that the Left "respects" the process, nor the Constitution. In the matter of impeachment, it's not so much due process as it is strategy. Twisting a constitutional process to meet an agenda and manipulate the masses (both of which I believe the Left is & has been doing) isn't in America's best interests.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    No, they are in the investigative phase. If they go ahead and impeach now... then Trump can start bringing witnesses in to depose... and work with them so that all their stories jibe.

The dims know what they are dealing with..... an administration that will lie and cheat to cover facts. One that will get mega donor appointees to lie..

Trump is going to get his chance. Once he is impeached by the house then the "grand jury" phase will be over... and the trial portion will begin.

Thats when Trumps lawyers... and I use that term very loosely... lol.... will be able to have access to the prosecutions witnesses and "evidence"... lol

Look... the dims know that there is no way the senate will convict him..... so it is only smart for them to drag this thing out... selectively leak stuff.. so that Trump can be tried in the court of public opinion.
    "Investigative phase," huh? That's what they call it. But they aren't investigating anything. They're inventing false accusations, one after another, in a never-ending slanderous attack. It's Adam Schiff and his cohorts in the news media that are lying and cheating to cover facts. They are the ones who use false witnesses and fake whistleblowers to accuse Mr. Trump of misdeeds. They will do anything to make the outsider disappear from their corrupt playground.

They and the MSM are turning the court of public opinion into a kangaroo court. This is not due process.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

8. Likes vin lashon, Missouri Guy liked this post
    Post Likes
    Thanks for the clarification. In regards to the bolded, I resepct the process and respect those who respect it. However, I don't believe that the Left "respects" the process, nor the Constitution. In the matter of impeachment, it's not so much due process as it is strategy. Twisting a constitutional process to meet an agenda and manipulate the masses (both of which I believe the Left is & has been doing) isn't in America's best interests.
    I don't see the Dems as twisting a constitutional process as much as I see them making bad decisions out of frustration. Refer to post # 31
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    I don't care much about lying vs lying under oath... do I think Clinton lying about a BJ was right. No. But I don't think it is as big of a deal as the things Trump lies about.
    Please be specific with links to support your accusation...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    I don't see the Dems as twisting a constitutional process as much as I see them making bad decisions out of frustration. Refer to post # 31
    Good post. Do you view all of the Dem efforts to nullify the election or impeach Trump as valid?

Post Likes
    Good post. Do you view all of the Dem efforts to nullify the election or impeach Trump as valid?
    When you use the words "nullify the election" it kind of implies more than impeaching a president for committing "treason,bribery, high crimes & misdemeanors". I don't think that term was commonly used during the Bill Clinton investigation & impeachment or even during the Nixon investigation. Somehow that phrase got attached to the Trump impeachment investigation, maybe because Trump has made so many enemies out of his non supporters. Either way I'm sure there are plenty of Dems that want Trump gone whether he did anything wrong or not so some of their reasoning may be invalid. That however does not invalidate any evidence that may support impeaching Trump. If hatred for Trump was evidence then he would have been impeached the first few months in office. The fact that it has taken so long to just get to an impeachment inquiry leads me to believe that most of their efforts are now valid. I still doubt the house will vote to impeach Trump unless they have more evidence than what we have been made aware of. From what I've seen thus far there is not enough evidence to impeach Trump & I'm pretty much what most would call a Trump hater.
    Gary
    -----------

13. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    When you use the words "nullify the election" it kind of implies more than impeaching a president for committing "treason,bribery, high crimes & misdemeanors". I don't think that term was commonly used during the Bill Clinton investigation & impeachment or even during the Nixon investigation. Somehow that phrase got attached to the Trump impeachment investigation, maybe because Trump has made so many enemies out of his non supporters. Either way I'm sure there are plenty of Dems that want Trump gone whether he did anything wrong or not so some of their reasoning may be invalid. That however does not invalidate any evidence that may support impeaching Trump. If hatred for Trump was evidence then he would have been impeached the first few months in office. The fact that it has taken so long to just get to an impeachment inquiry leads me to believe that most of their efforts are now valid. I still doubt the house will vote to impeach Trump unless they have more evidence than what we have been made aware of. From what I've seen thus far there is not enough evidence to impeach Trump & I'm pretty much what most would call a Trump hater.
    The term 'nullify' is valid because they have been on a mission to impeach since day one, when there was no other reason than that they hated Trump and hated losing. Thus, the term 'nullification' applies, since it has been an ongoing effort. You're bolded statement emphasizes this point.

As in previous efforts, there is no evidence. The House won't vote to impeach, and their continuous efforts to do so will come back to bite them in 2020.

Post Likes
    I'm worried about getting Trump out even after eight years. A dictator never leaves office peacefully. Nothing scares me more than him being the commander in chief of our armed forces.
    Just thought you might want to see what a dictator actually looks like:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=china+pres...b=v49-1&ia=web

16. Likes Fender60 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast