Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I'm worried about getting Trump out even after eight years. A dictator never leaves office peacefully. Nothing scares me more than him being the commander in chief of our armed forces.
    I wish you shut up with this crazy crap. Keep it up and I'm going to shut you down. I'm not exactly crazy about Trump, but he is President like Obama was. I dint like Obama either put he was the President, and I excepted it.

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Non sequitur. Does not follow from premise.
    One derives from dirty politics; the other from established procedure.
    I thought I already responded to this post but I guess I was mistaken so I will post my disagreement with your statement now.
    Impeachment & removal from office is just as much a part of our Constitution as the electoral system.
    Trump won the presidency by the electoral system process & if by some miracle he is removed by the process of impeachment they are both derived form the Constitutional process.
    It takes a majority of the house to impeach & two thirds of the senate to remove the president. I would say removing the president is an established procedure well beyond dirty politics.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Keep it up and I'm going to shut you down.
    What the hell does this mean Roy??

How exactly is one 'shut down'?

Why are you threatening some weird reprisal to limit a person's free speech?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    I wish you shut up with this crazy crap. Keep it up and I'm going to shut you down. I'm not exactly crazy about Trump, but he is President like Obama was. I dint like Obama either put he was the President, and I excepted it.

Roy
    Accepting our president & criticizing him do not have to cancel each other out. Trump is my president & I would stand behind him against our enemies. That has nothing to do with how I feel about him or how much I criticize his behavior or my concerns about how he could hurt the country. On another note, I never could understand why anyone would want to block anyone else no matter how repulsive. Unless you have a bandwidth problem all you have to do is not read a post but it would still be there for reference. Maybe I'm old fashioned but it seems kind of cowardly to me. I've never blocked anybody & have never reported anybody, I just let the moderators handle that stuff. We all have our own values & those are mine.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

5. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    What the hell does this mean Roy??

How exactly is one 'shut down'?

Why are you threatening some weird reprisal to limit a person's free speech?
    He gonna put you on "ignore"... lol
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    I thought I already responded to this post but I guess I was mistaken so I will post my disagreement with your statement now.
    Impeachment & removal from office is just as much a part of our Constitution as the electoral system.
    Trump won the presidency by the electoral system process & if by some miracle he is removed by the process of impeachment they are both derived form the Constitutional process.
    It takes a majority of the house to impeach & two thirds of the senate to remove the president. I would say removing the president is an established procedure well beyond dirty politics.
    Yes, this is true -- when due process is the backbone of the procedure. But what Pelosi and Schiff and other Dems are doing purposely avoids due process. They use the word "impeachment" as a tool in their never-ending campaign to force Mr. Trump from office by whatever means they can muster.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Post Likes
    I'm worried about getting Trump out even after eight years. A dictator never leaves office peacefully. Nothing scares me more than him being the commander in chief of our armed forces.
    There is no basis in rational thought for this.
    Last edited by vin lashon; 10-13-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Yes, lying about a bj. Which while I agree I would rather politicians be honest, we know they aren’t. And how often would you say Trump lies?
    Are there degrees to the 'Lying Under Oath' charge? Further, has Trump lied under oath?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    If Dems somehow succeed in their attempt to remove President Trump from office, they will basically
    be saying that if you are one of the people who voted for Mr. Trump, your vote doesn't count.
    That might be as bad as when a majority of over 65 million people who didn't vote for Trump were told that their vote didn't count either.
    Why was Trump elected in spite of the fact that Hillary got 2% more of the popular vote (65,853,625 vs 62,985,106)? Was it cheating? Rigged? Unconstitutional? Were laws broken?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Further, has Trump lied under oath?
    Not yet and not likely. You have to show up to be questioned under oath. He honestly believes he is above the law.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Not yet and not likely. You have to show up to be questioned under oath.
    So no to both.

Also, showing up to be questioned is not mandated in this case, and inadvisable, since the Dem efforts are not an objective, bi-partisan effort of integrity. It's a bit more like a partisan plot, isn't it? The goal being to 'get Trump' (as it has been for 3 years)?

Post Likes
    Are there degrees to the 'Lying Under Oath' charge? Further, has Trump lied under oath?

I don't care much about lying vs lying under oath... do I think Clinton lying about a BJ was right. No. But I don't think it is as big of a deal as the things Trump lies about.

Post Likes
    So no to both.

Also, showing up to be questioned is not mandated in this case, and inadvisable, since the Dem efforts are not an objective, bi-partisan effort of integrity. It's a bit more like a partisan plot, isn't it? The goal being to 'get Trump' (as it has been for 3 years)?
    You are so right that it is inadvisable for Don the Con to testify under oath but the real reason is because the man has such a propensity to lie in general for no good reason. One could only imagine the whoppers he would spew to save his butt from prosecution.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast