Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    I had sweating liquid line on Carrier 3 Ton condenser with Rheem inside coil. Install a liquid line solenoid valve to close when system is off. Solved the problem.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyray View Post
    I had sweating liquid line on Carrier 3 Ton condenser with Rheem inside coil. Install a liquid line solenoid valve to close when system is off. Solved the problem.
    I'll bet the indoor coil had a piston or a TXV that was not a hard shut-off type.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Filter/drier must be replaced on the liquid line EVERY time the system is opened up. Some manufacturers put one inside the condenser somewhere in which case none should be added to the line. It's hard for us to know what's actually happening with no diagnostics, but if they arent going to do any at all then I would tell them to refund me and take their equipment back. Your holding out hope that they can fix this but they dont appear able to-thats the extent of their skill level apparently. I highly doubt they have a tech that knows his stuff hanging out that can piece this mess together, so cut your losses and start over. I doubt you want this thread stretching on for years as components fail.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vaillantf View Post
    This morning, for instance, it was 35F outside while the interior temp remains stable at 68F. With everything OFF, the sweating started happening at around 08:50AM. Earlier, at 08:00AM, the LL was totally normal in that it wasn't cold at all to the touch. In the summer, the same LL sweating will happen with an outside temp of 50F and an inside temp of about 70F.

So, with that said, are you saying it is "normal" to have a dripping LL when there are such temperature changes inside VS outside? I can understand the logic as to why it could happen, but then why wouldn't HVAC contractors insulate the LL then? In my case, this happens pretty much every morning, and the dripping is going straight down to the concrete because I haven't finished the ceiling yet, but I would give it a few months before mold problems arise if I had a finished ceiling.

Seems I can't post a pic of the sweating, but it is the type that drips... BTW, thanks to all that replied, it does really help and I appreciate it!
    Yep, that’s liquid migration.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    I'll bet the indoor coil had a piston or a TXV that was not a hard shut-off type.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    It had a factory installed TXV. I pumped system down, changed drier, installed solenoid valve,vacuum system and open service valve.

Post Likes
    The solenoid valve, is that something needed from time to time, or is it more like a one in a million chance to need one?

Post Likes
    They used to be more common when scroll compressors first came out, but I think are only suggested from the manufacturers in certain long lineset applications.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123