Post Likes

Niagara N4 bacnet interface to Carrier CCN

Hoping someone might be able to help us with writing to CCN unit controller's schedule points.

We are doing an N4 Bacnet integration to an older CCN system with iVu. We have gone in on the properties side of the CCN controllers and turned on all the BACnet flags. We were able to discover and bring points in as writable, fix any out-of-service property issues….so that all the points we need to take control in the system are discover-able and coming in on the N4 side (setpoints, minimum OA damper positions, etc).

Except the device’s scheduling point. On the CCN side, each device has a stringPoint with a value of 0 or 1 which is flipped by their scheduling. We have seen this before in Automated Logic systems and normally simply bring these in as writable and have our N4 schedules linked in at a high priority to override the native schedules.

But the CCN schedule stringPoints are not writable and there is no out-of-service property to flip. They simply fault out when we try to write to them from N4.

So what is the trick to taking over the scheduling of the CCN controllers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    you need to delete all schedule groups in the I-VU. the system will prioritize that schedule first. Will this fix your issue, not sure. I don't try to bacnet into my own stuff to have that knowledge to pass on.

If the I-vu that is there is a 7.0 pro you can put add ons for MS exchange and BACnet scheduling.

Post Likes
    In ALC the schedule object has a locked value for occ/unocc. Can you find that property in BACnet? Also check it in iVU and see if it is locked. Not sure what you are looking at in the discovery list, the schedule object I see is a BV. Cross reference that instance number with what you see in iVU for the schedule object instance number.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    can you see these tables?

Name:  ccn schedule.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  112.6 KB

Name:  ccn schedule number.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  80.6 KB

Post Likes
    You will not be able to force the schedule you see and have it effect the schedule table in the CCN device like you have done with ALC devices. The schedule table in the CCN device is what it follows and it requires period/time/day values. See the previous post for the table in the controller.

The schedules you see are located in device160000 (the CCN Router or CCN Link), not the actual CCN device. Device160000 has a control program for each CCN device to convert the CCN protocol to BACnet.

The schedules you see are an ALC modified schedule to support CCN. It takes the BACnet schedule that it receives (from i-Vu), then converts it and downloads it to the occupancy table in the device. It does not take direct control of the occupancy table in the device.

The only way I see for you to do this is to put actual schedule times into the schedules of device160000 so they can be converted and downloaded to the occupancy table of the controller. In the Jace from the BACnet Device Manager on device16000, use the BACnet Schedule Import Manager to bring in your schedules into the Jace. Once the schedules are in, use the BACnet Schedule Export Manager to link them to your occupancy schedule in Jace. This will send the occupancy day/times to the schedules in device160000, which will send them to the occupancy table in the controller. The docBacnet will have information on this.

On a side note, if you are shutting down the i-Vu front-end. CCN devices do not have clocks and will lose time on a power cycle and lose current time over time. The i-Vu server is currently the time broadcaster for the system. Without the current time (after a power cycle), the device will not follow it’s schedule without the the time. So you need to setup your Jace to send the time to device160000 about once a day, so it is forwarded to the CCN devices. Under the property sheet of the bacnet device manager in the Jace, you can setup Time Synchronization. It allows setup for one device or the whole network. Also see docBacnet for information.

FYI …… Tridium has had a CCN driver since R2 and the CarrierOne. The driver has been available since the release of N4 and the Jace 8000. This would eliminate the need for the CCN Router/Link and allow direct control of the devices from the Jace. It does come in two flavors, standard and extended. I am told standard is only available for purchase, the extended is Carrier only. The standard permits a lot of control including the controller schedule tables, basically just doesn’t have access to the maintenance & configuration tables in the device for configuring & forcing. Look at docCCN for more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    Carrier one, that's a device I haven't heard of in a long time. Never seen one, was it ever released?

Post Likes
    Carrier One was a Carrier branded R2 JACE

Post Likes
    It was a branded R2 Jace. I have only installed one, it was back in 2004/2005. It was not used as the front-end, it was used to integrate a bacnet system to CCN for control. ComfortView was the front-end.

AFAIK it was never released outside of corporate. This was about the time they purchased ALC and switched focus. Just like i-Vu v3.1 was never released outside of corporate. Have seen a couple of these with the old integrator (prior to the CCN Router/Link), thankfully they were upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"