Post Likes

Hospital operating room r/a

Having positive pressure issue with a couple of or's. Intercity Hospital does good work for poor people very limited budget I was hoping I can just get away with restricting the returns. I have been unable to find any requirements regarding return air cfm.
    Thanks, John

Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    That is a great article VTP99. In this instance 25 ACH is probably not possible but they need to know if the ACH they have is good enough.
    No man can be both ignorant and free.
    Thomas Jefferson

Post Likes
    Maybe there's an issue with the hallway air and not the OR air.
    Maybe there's an issue with the hallway air AND the OR air.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    We find the date of construction and use the requirements as of that date . The plans will give you the cfm requirements and after you measure the cubic feet of the OR'S you can calculate the required air changes.

Post Likes
    Thank you vtp99,
    The or is neutral to slightly negative to the sterile core
    The or is positive to the restricted corridor
    Ach's meet and exceed standards
    The sterile core is most likely the problem
    The sterile core has 50 year old pneumatic boxes
    I would just like to replace the fixed blade r/a grills with adjustable.

Post Likes
    I did not see any requirements or standards in the link that vtp99 posted, regarding return air requirements,(i may have missed it) there was information regarding recirculating air , but i think they are referring to a laminar system. (that link was awesome, thanks again vtp99)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by john120 View Post
    I did not see any requirements or standards in the link that vtp99 posted, regarding return air requirements,(i may have missed it) there was information regarding recirculating air , but i think they are referring to a laminar system. (that link was awesome, thanks again vtp99)
    Zero return air in an operating room! 100% Out Side Air HEPA Filters

Post Likes
    got it, thanks

Post Likes
    You can have return air in OR's. The filter requirements are different if you have return air or exhaust air .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bradluke0 View Post
    You can have return air in OR's. The filter requirements are different if you have return air or exhaust air .
    I have worked on lots of OR suites and they all have had return air.

Only need HEPA final filters for ORs that do certain procedures. Organ transplants and orthopedic surgery’s if memory serves me.

12. Likes JeffWil liked this post
    Post Likes
    All my surgical rooms have RA, some have EA like endoscopy and such areas, I have issues with this on occasion and usually find someone has made adjustments to the VAV box or worse yet the drive on the AHU/RTU or exhaust fan in the case where it's exhausted not return air.
    Have seen surgical rooms that are now being used as procedure rooms that were not initially spec'd to be and the VAV box is operating on room temperature set point and throttling back the damper on the VAV box causing the room to become more negative than positive this was an easy fix by setting the VAV damper position to one spot and locking it in place.
    Also have seen lint buildup enough on RAG/defuser to effect the ACH
    Another instance maintenance staff replaced sheave and pulley and belts and changed the rpm of the blower where it threw the whole building out of whack.

Lots can change the static pressure of buildings and rooms, it can be a huge chase going nowhere and lots of frustration especially when it starts getting in line but then your humidity is then affected.
    Love those hospital calls

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk