Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who to sue?

Post Likes
    I'm a member of this crowd. Had a street bike and soon as I got my auto license. Did some really stupid stuff back then. Restored my Triumph Trident only to total it on a trip up to Michigan. Re built it again then lifes responsibilities ended those crazy days.
    Think I've rode only one time since.
    Truth be told life isn't worth ending over that rush of flying.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I'm a member of this crowd. Had a street bike and soon as I got my auto license. Did some really stupid stuff back then. Restored my Triumph Trident only to total it on a trip up to Michigan. Re built it again then lifes responsibilities ended those crazy days.
    Think I've rode only one time since.
    Truth be told life isn't worth ending over that rush of flying.
    Very similar. I lacked self control. Seized a motor on the last bike I owned doing 180kmh on a highway. After sh!tting myself, I pulled the clutch and rolled to a safe stop. Thankfully. Nothing but shorts, singlet, thongs (flip flops) and a helmet on. Complete idiot!

I gave up motorbikes as a young man so I could become an old man. At times I dream of owning another one, but accept that may not happen.

Post Likes
    This thread came along at a good time... for me anyways...

A friend of a friend...
    Has a bike for sale...
    FANTASTIC deal!!!

However after thinking about it for a few days...
    I think, especially in a city with the roads as crowded as metro Altanta...
    Riding is just not a good idea!

Wish I was either:
    Younger... or
    In a less crowded area.

Regardless...
    Think I am gonna pass on the bike.

BTW: 2002 Harley Heritage soft tail, serious amount of tricking out and chrome... lots of accessories... literally in perfect condition!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    I rode dirt bikes a lot as a kid. Then I joined the military, got married, had kids, etc. I didn't ride for many years but once my kids got older, I started riding again. I absolutely love it and so does my current wife. I will say that taking a MSF experienced rider course was very beneficial. We just recently purchased a new bike, 2019 H-D Road Glide Ultra.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Likes Missouri Guy, Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    I rode dirt bikes a lot as a kid. Then I joined the military, got married, had kids, etc. I didn't ride for many years but once my kids got older, I started riding again. I absolutely love it and so does my current wife. I will say that taking a MSF experienced rider course was very beneficial. We just recently purchased a new bike, 2019 H-D Road Glide Ultra.
    Nice ride.
    We have a deer population density of 21 deer per square mile.. Traffic was dangerous enough already...but the deer jumping out in front of me was just to much...I have narrowly missed many many deer...finally hit one in a vehicle several months ago.
    I used to like to ride the back highways just to see different stuff and avoid traffic... Deer still exist though.. I won't blame my giving it up on one or the other .. just a combination of the two... But if we weren't loaded with deer I might actually enjoy riding rural highways again.

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Dude is going 3 times the speed of the flow of traffic.
    So your in the passing car and you see a motorcycle way back there and all appears to be a safe distance. It's impossible to judge speed when a object is coming straight on.
    Sue the rider literally
    It doesn't matter. Shared liability.

What's wrong with you?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    It doesn't matter. Shared liability.

What's wrong with you?
    But is the motorcyclist the owner of a mega corp?
    I say sue the car MFG for not having orange paint on the bumper !!

Post Likes
    Let's not forget that everyone hates motorcyclists more than bicyclists. So we all know the jury will side with the corps and screw the guy that ended up on the roof of the car.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    But is the motorcyclist the owner of a mega corp?
    I say sue the car MFG for not having orange paint on the bumper !!

You are correct. I didn't think about that.

What if the guy on the motorcycle is the CEO of a mega Corp? Or what about the person in the car? Maybe they are also?

Honestly we can't make a judgement until we find out who has anything to do with Mega-corps. Until we have this info, we can't make a judgement.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Nice ride.
    We have a deer population density of 21 deer per square mile.. Traffic was dangerous enough already...but the deer jumping out in front of me was just to much...I have narrowly missed many many deer...finally hit one in a vehicle several months ago.
    I used to like to ride the back highways just to see different stuff and avoid traffic... Deer still exist though.. I won't blame my giving it up on one or the other .. just a combination of the two... But if we weren't loaded with deer I might actually enjoy riding rural highways again.

Yeah, the wife and I have had a deer collision on the bike and I have hit two with vehicles here in SC.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Yeah, the wife and I have had a deer collision on the bike and I have hit two with vehicles here in SC.
    Sounds like they need an extended hunting there as well.
    The deer wait until the last second and try to beat the vehicle...don't know if it's the noise that makes em decide to make the decision or what.
    When I got mine I just topped a hill...he came out of the ditch naturally .I had about thirty feet of distance..I braked..cranked the wheel and hit it anyway.
    Actually I did get another one years before I was on a gravel road and turned left onto another gravel Rd ...that was a minor contact ...say walking speed...I don't count it as there was no damage

Post Likes
    Sounds like they need an extended hunting there as well.

It would be hard to extend the season here since it runs August 15th to Jan 1st.

Post Likes
    It would be hard to extend the season here since it runs August 15th to Jan 1st.
    Firearms deer season opens today in the state of GA...
    I think it closes around Dec 1st... it does run through THXgiving weekend though...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12