Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

new manometer for gas pressure

I am looking for replacement manometer for my Test 510s.

I want them with displays, not other device dependent.

Single port would probably be okay, as I have others for static.

Thanks
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    I really like The Fieldpiece SDMN5

But if you need uber accuracy, then Fluke 922

If you want to old school it, Dwyer Magnehelic with a portablility kit.

-5” to 5” is the ideal range for resi natural gas equipment.

For LP, you’ll need something with a bit more range, so Id recommend a second magnehelic with a higher range for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Another vote for the FP SDMN5.

Post Likes
    Plus 1 for SDMN5. Or 6 if you want a finicky feature you will probably never use.

Post Likes
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    Ive got both the Testo and the FP.

The FP I like alot, cause you can measure 2 pressures simultaneously and scroll between the 2, and it displays differential at the same time.

The 510 is differential only.

The Supco, I dont have. It may be a decent meter, but I see that same meter branded 50 different ways on Amazon, so I doubt its anything to write home about.

Post Likes
    Dwyer makes some bulletproof digital manometers, they are built like tanks. http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Pr...eters/Digital/ A bunch of different ranges and accuracy specifications, single and dual port.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    The Supco, I dont have. It may be a decent meter, but I see that same meter branded 50 different ways on Amazon,
    I noticed that, too.

Post Likes

new manometer for gas pressure

Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    Dwyer makes some bulletproof digital manometers, they are built like tanks. http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Pr...eters/Digital/ A bunch of different ranges and accuracy specifications, single and dual port.
    Those are decent and I have a few, the biggest issue is no back light on the display, and you have to buy the protective boot separate if you want one. But they are fairly accurate.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Those are decent and I have a few, the biggest issue is no back light on the display, and you have to buy the protective boot separate if you want one. But they are fairly accurate.
    I'm a bit confused on the website descriptions. Do they all do negative pressure? Seems like NONE specify negative, just 0-whatever positive pressure.

Whatever I get I would like it to be a possible back up to my meters for static readings so it needs to do negative as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I'm a bit confused on the website descriptions. Do they all do negative pressure? Seems like NONE specify negative, just 0-whatever positive pressure.

Whatever I get I would like it to be a possible back up to my meters for static readings so it needs to do negative as well.
    Dwyer website says:
    The SERIES 475 Handheld Digital Manometer measures positive, negative, or differential pressures of air and natural gases in ranges from 1 in w.c. (0.249 kPa) to 150 psid (10.34 bar).
    The Series 476A Single Pressure Differential Pressure Digital Manometer can be used to measure low pressures from -20 to 20 in w.c. with ±1.5% FS accuracy. The Series 478A Single Pressure Differential Pressure Digital Manometer can be used to measure positive, negative, or differential pressures.

Post Likes
    Be careful which one you buy.

I like the SDMN5 because it actually has two independent pressure sensors. Even my iConnect dual port manometer only uses 1.

The only thing I don't like is the drift, but you get that with a lot of digital manometers unless they are very expensive. The high end manometers use a built in solenoid to auto zero at set time intervals. My Testo 420 balometer uses this type of manometer.
    The other down of the SDMN5 is the max is just under 2psig.

The CPS bluetooth dual port didn't work well for me. I think it only uses one sensor as well.

Analog Dwyers are always a nice back up.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    My old fashioned go to device: Yellow Jacket 78075... Always works and no flutter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast