Thread: New to controls

Post Likes

New to controls

I知 a commercial service tech that has been offered a controls position. They will be training me. Im computer savvy. I知 familiar with some coding, like html, java, php, sql, etc. What advice would you guys give me as far as preparing for my new role.

Post Likes
    Be a knowledge sponge. Use your mech knowledge to make good controls decisions. Don't do start-up and trouble shooting remotely. Don't get hung up on any one system, learn the technology instead.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    展hat痴 that? Aaa open protocols? Don稚 talk about. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface! - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by handyandyva View Post
    I知 a commercial service tech that has been offered a controls position. They will be training me. Im computer savvy. I知 familiar with some coding, like html, java, php, sql, etc. What advice would you guys give me as far as preparing for my new role.
    You already have an ideal background.

I would focus on two things.

Learning how to translate HVAC systems knowledge to BAS code implementation. This skill pays extremly well.

Also I would learn how the BAS business works in general. Finanicals, operational stuff. This makes you prime to lead a team of techs if you so chose further along in your career.

Post Likes
    where in va are you?