0 0%
  • $1,000,000

0 0%
  • $1,600,000

0 0%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Nothing. Wasn’t the motels fault that guy went nuts.
    See GC.. straight and simple as that.

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

2. Likes Brian8383 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    The shooter shot people...not the fault of MGM...it's the shooter that is at fault.
    You hit a parked vehicle that was visible from thousands of feet away.
    Now had this guy pulled up in a big truck with a sign saying I am going to shoot people when I get into the motel... and that was visible for thousands of feet to the hotel clerk...well then we might have something...but even then it could be a hoax...and she is not required to look thousands of feet..one thing for sure.. truck in front of you was no hoax....real deal.
    There was nothing that screamed from this guy that he was going to slaughter everyone....well actually there was but the govt didn't act on it ...so if anyone needs sued it's them.
    You there was a giant truck with a screaming arrow telling you to move over.
    So you want to sue...when you pay absolutely no attention to the very obvious....but think it's ok sue someone else that had something snuck past them which didn't have a giant sign I have guns,...which I do believe is legal there anyway.
    This thread is not going to go good for you GC

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I don't expect that either and I was just in Vegas last weekend. There is a flow of people everywhere with very little security. When they place profit and convenience before general security, they must be willing to pay for that negligence.

The connection I was threading together is if you guys would say MGM owes the victims nothing...and it seems that is what you are saying.

I am not sure if they owe the victims nothing because a crime was committed on their property and he did walk right past their security on many occasions toting those guns up to his room. So the MGM is not without any negligence, but it is minimal. Therefore they should pay something but not an average $1.6M each.

I just wanted to see if you guys would say zero to the victims, and it seems that is what three of you have said already. So now I expect the rest of you to follow and say zero too. But I do not agree with zero. It was their policy that allowed him to do that, so they own that lack of security.

Again, it is a case of comparative negligence. IMO, professional companies that we entrust with our safety, just like that road crew, must be without any negligence to be completely let off the hook. You guys did not do that in my case. You let the road crew slide 100% when their noses were not clean.
    The hotel only has to abide by regulations....building codes etc for the public
    If the hotel had a policy to keep an eye out for whackos.....then that is all it is guidelines for employees
    Your claim is ludicrous....that means every school that got shot up needs sued... every mall needs sued...every person that got hit in a bar...sue the bar...there is no end.

5. Likes Brian8383 liked this post
    Post Likes
    GC refuses to take responsibility for his own actions.

The hotel only has to abide by regulations....building codes etc for the public
    If the hotel had a policy to keep an eye out for whackos.....then that is all it is guidelines for employees
    Your claim is ludicrous....that means every school that got shot up needs sued... every mall needs sued...every person that got hit in a bar...sue the bar...there is no end.

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

7. Likes Brian8383 liked this post
    Post Likes
    The shooter shot people...not the fault of MGM...it's the shooter that is at fault.
    Wrong. The gun did it.

9. Likes BALloyd, Missouri Guy, Brian8383 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Wrong. The gun did it.

11. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    GC refuses to take responsibility for his own actions.
    Indeed.
    Comparing rear ending a parked vehicle with a flashing arrow visible from thousands of feet.... To some whacko shooting up people and the victims sueing the motel.

The ones shot... Totally innocent... The only way he could compare the two is if there was a big flashing sign at the concert entrance..."Enter here ... If you want to be shot in an hour"
    These people had no idea what was going on... totally innocent people...A slap in the face to any family member of one that was shot that tragic day.
    To use the Vegas shooting for a comparison to his accident is rude and arrogant to all who suffer from the Vegas shooting... I find the thread disgusting.

Post Likes
    I think the big problem with GC is that he is a sells man. He believes he can sell ice cream to an Eskimo and the same shows on his suit against the trucking company. His business is selling very expensive energy efficient replacement windows to rich customers.

GC sells the windows on their energy efficiency saving the customers money etc. Well those energy efficient windows would take at least two expected lifetimes to break even.

Well I guess he then thinks that he could sell the jury on a big award from the trucking company but they weren't buying like no matter how eloquently he presented his case on the trucking company not obeying all the regulations. Arrogance in spades IMHO.

He couldn't sell it because of the fact that they had a flashing arrow on back of the truck that could be seen at least a thousand feet away and that all he had to do is look up once instead of at the pavement a few feet and front of him and he would have not had the accident.

Just like we here aren't buying it. Give it a rest GC you would have better luck selling ice cream to Eskimos and selling expensive windows to your yuppie customers than to a jury like here on ARP. Yeah. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I think the big problem with GC is that he is a sells man. He believes he can sell ice cream to an Eskimo and the same shows on his suit against the trucking company. His business is selling very expensive energy efficient replacement windows to rich customers.

GC sells the windows on their energy efficiency saving the customers money etc. Well those energy efficient windows would take at least two expected lifetimes to break even.

Well I guess he then thinks that he could sell the jury on a big award from the trucking company but they weren't buying like no matter how eloquently he presented his case on the trucking company not obeying all the regulations. Arrogance in spades IMHO.

He couldn't sell it because of the fact that they had a flashing arrow on back of the truck that could be seen at least a thousand feet away and that all he had to do is look up once instead of at the pavement a few feet and front of him and he would have not had the accident.

Just like we here aren't buying it. Give it a rest GC you would have better luck selling ice cream to Eskimos and selling expensive windows to your yuppie customers than to a jury like here on ARP. Yeah. Thank you, thank you very much
    I'll respond to this later. I have to go install a house of windows for a retired Liberty Mutual employee who sees the accident very differently than the ARP Jury. But heck, he only spent thirty years in the insurance business. What would he know compared to you guys?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

I have a few minutes so I will punch a few keys. Hey Glenn, what are the benefits of new windows. Bet you can't even name three.

Oh, and a house of new windows is typically less than one of your new HVAC units installed. When the energy savings on new windows will likely exceed the energy savings between new and old HVAC units. So who's selling what? And, I'm an installer, not a salesman. They come to me. I don't advertise or use the internet to promote my business at all.

There, I gave you more information about me to bash me over. Bash on!

Post Likes
    OMG, OMg, Omg, omg, omG, oMG, OMG!!!

How many threads are we up to on GC's incident? I didn't say accident because how much of an accident is it if you are not looking where you are going. If you close your eyes and walk around long enough you know you will run into something, so when you do is it really an accident?

There is no correlation between the 2 incidents except in the mind of one that feels slighted, picked on and abused. I hope some day he lets it go, if not I fear he will become a bitter old man chasing kids off his lawn with his cane. One can either look at the positive, I survived and live to ride another day or the negative, I was screwed and need compensated and let it eat you up.

It all comes down to the choices one makes doesn't it!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    OMG, OMg, Omg, omg, omG, oMG, OMG!!!

How many threads are we up to on GC's incident? I didn't say accident because how much of an accident is it if you are not looking where you are going. If you close your eyes and walk around long enough you know you will run into something, so when you do is it really an accident?

There is no correlation between the 2 incidents except in the mind of one that feels slighted, picked on and abused. I hope some day he lets it go, if not I fear he will become a bitter old man chasing kids off his lawn with his cane. One can either look at the positive, I survived and live to ride another day or the negative, I was screwed and need compensated and let it eat you up.

It all comes down to the choices one makes doesn't it!
    This was a real incident to me yet you are posting about it as much, or more, than me?

Post Likes
    Didn't MGM settle out of kindness... Was no trial if I remember.
    The laws are so retarded that MGM had to file a suit themselves which made them look bad..
    The way I remember it was . You can't sue MGM due to such and such law written after 911.
    Oh yes you can....blah blah blah.
    I guess since you can that makes em guilty....huh.
    The shooter used suitcases to sneak in the rifles to the hotel.
    So if I go to say a hotdog stand and some guy shoots out the window and hits me I should sue the apt building or hotel or whoever owns that window?

Or better yet you own the apt building and was outside at the hotdog stand when the shooting occurred....so you sue yourself.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast