0 0%
  • $1,000,000

0 0%
  • $1,600,000

0 0%
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    If it's not on Strava, did it even happen?

(I log everything on Strava, but 99% of it is private. It is a really good training tool. But I do agree with your underlying point!)

Somewhat relevant:

https://amp.theguardian.com/sustaina...bility-lawsuit
    I will have to let liberty prevail.
    I can not hold STRAVA accountable for people using the tool in a dangerous fashion...If I am to impose on STRAVA then I would have to agree with punishing MGM for someones misuse of a hotel room.
    STRAVA kills...it can not be denied...so will playing with the grizzly bears..I see little point to a micro control of people ... if people want to burn their crotch with coffee I can't stop em...but don't whine when you suffer from the very risk you took rather than doing it safely

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    A little courtesy can go along ways..and a percentage mess it up for the rest..sad but true...and yet it even goes further people that intentionally harass someone else on the roadway.
    Fellow cyclist need to whip others riders azzes and tell them no...that's not how we operate.... intentionally harass a car and then whine when he shouts at you is not how we operate.
    Motorists need to be considerate as well...give the guy some room so he feels comfortable .
    Myself I do everything I can to let them get out of an intersection as fast as possible.. same with making a turn..in the end everyone is a winner... most lawful perhaps not...I still give the quarter second beep before I go around... lawful...nope...but some laws are made to be broken and I consider that to be one.
    I also have no problem telling an idiot bicyclist riding during the middle of the night without lights in the center lane is an idiot ... lawful nope...but someone needs to tell the idiot..might save his life later on...might cause an immediate fight ... but the point was made..No one wants to run over someone... if the guy wants to be dangerous that's fine it's his choice... but don't do it on the road where some else is involved and has to live the rest of their life after killing someone.
    It's sad... But we really need bicycle safety courses or manuals just like driving manuals for motorists

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    I will have to let liberty prevail.
    I can not hold STRAVA accountable for people using the tool in a dangerous fashion...If I am to impose on STRAVA then I would have to agree with punishing MGM for someones misuse of a hotel room.
    STRAVA kills...it can not be denied...so will playing with the grizzly bears..I see little point to a micro control of people ... if people want to burn their crotch with coffee I can't stop em...but don't whine when you suffer from the very risk you took rather than doing it safely

I don't hold Strava responsible either.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    A little courtesy can go along ways..and a percentage mess it up for the rest..sad but true...and yet it even goes further people that intentionally harass someone else on the roadway.
    Fellow cyclist need to whip others riders azzes and tell them no...that's not how we operate.... intentionally harass a car and then whine when he shouts at you is not how we operate.
    Motorists need to be considerate as well...give the guy some room so he feels comfortable .
    Myself I do everything I can to let them get out of an intersection as fast as possible.. same with making a turn..in the end everyone is a winner... most lawful perhaps not...I still give the quarter second beep before I go around... lawful...nope...but some laws are made to be broken and I consider that to be one.
    I also have no problem telling an idiot bicyclist riding during the middle of the night without lights in the center lane is an idiot ... lawful nope...but someone needs to tell the idiot..might save his life later on...might cause an immediate fight ... but the point was made..No one wants to run over someone... if the guy wants to be dangerous that's fine it's his choice... but don't do it on the road where some else is involved and has to live the rest of their life after killing someone.
    It's sad... But we really need bicycle safety courses or manuals just like driving manuals for motorists

I would suggest mutual respect between all road users is often lacking.

A little side step to illustrate this... What does my head in, watching motorists jump in front of a slowing truck at red lights. No consideration is shown to how hard it is to stop the truck, or any understanding that the truck driver doesn't want to make a complete stop. They are slowing down slowly for a reason, not doing it to give idiots a spot in traffic.

Sorry, little morning rant.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    "Accept" in the normal sense of the word. As to OJ, apples and oranges. In a big way.

)
    Sure the OJ case is different....but in a big way?

These are the similarities:
    One lawyer predicted the jury better than the other.
    One lawyer was better than the other.
    Evidence and laws were ignored by the jury.
    A Black jury protected their own while an anti-cyclist jury showed their bias.
    Justice was not served for the Whites but was for the Blacks.
    Justice was not served for cyclists or pros in the field but was for anti-cyclists and anti-societal types.
    Justice did not prevail.
    The courtroom antics were a joke.
    You are a third party to both cases.
    Stereotypes played a major role.
    The lawbreakers were no punished.
    A large crossection of society was happy with the verdicts.

These are just a few similarities in the two cases. Please show how they are different in a big way?

Post Likes
    I would suggest mutual respect between all road users is often lacking.

A little side step to illustrate this... What does my head in, watching motorists jump in front of a slowing truck at red lights. No consideration is shown to how hard it is to stop the truck, or any understanding that the truck driver doesn't want to make a complete stop. They are slowing down slowly for a reason, not doing it to give idiots a spot in traffic.

Sorry, little morning rant.
    IMO people yell out their windows and honk their horns for two reasons:

They are miserable people who are looking for anyone to make a mistake
    so they can call them an idiot.

They want to pretend they are tough, as though they could or would stand up to that person face to face.

7. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

Justice was not served for cyclists or pros in the field but was for anti-cyclists and anti-societal types.
    Justice did not prevail.
    OJ was guilty but denied it?

These are just a few similarities in the two cases. Please show how they are different in a big way?
    Name:  Bby eek2_200x114.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  29.2 KB

Post Likes
    Sorry, GC, this seems harsh on its own. I still make no assertions about your guilt/innocence (and refuse to), but you did set yourself up here.

Post Likes
    Most people who are guilty or innocent deny it in a courtroom. It is typically not advantageous to plead guilty.

Good lawyers do not become good lawyers by getting innocent people off. They brag about getting the 'OJ's' off. I am sure my opposing counsel laughed all the way back to his office with another feather in his hat.

It is very real to us but a game to them.

My lawyer said to me "This will take a long time for you to get over but it is just another trial to me."

Post Likes
    Most people who are guilty or innocent deny it in a courtroom. It is typically not advantageous to plead guilty.

Good lawyers do not become good lawyers by getting innocent people off. They brag about getting the 'OJ's' off. I am sure my opposing counsel laughed all the way back to his office with another feather in his hat.

It is very real to us but a game to them.

My lawyer said to me "This will take a long time for you to get over but it is just another trial to me."
    You don't have to convince me. There's good reason that lawyer jokes exist, and that they take the form they do.

Post Likes
    I don't hold Strava responsible either.
    I know.

13. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes

Justice did not prevail.

Did OJ do it? More than likely.
    OJ won because of the states own actions.
    Alot of that blood was found to have preservatives in it...which means after they drew blood from OJ they started putting in places to help the states case.. Several detectives were caught not telling the truth as well the list goes on.
    The state lost all credibility in court

Post Likes
    IMO people yell out their windows and honk their horns for two reasons:

They are miserable people who are looking for anyone to make a mistake
    so they can call them an idiot.

They want to pretend they are tough, as though they could or would stand up to that person face to face.
    Perhaps there yes.
    Here the honk is more for....hey you about got us all killed.

Have I ever had that honk done to me...Once..I then realized my error..the quick chill I will always remember it.. without that honk I wouldn't have known and been more apt to make that same mistake again.
    GC if a person his getting honked at alot... pretty good indication they are not a good driver.....and as we see here you want the blame the guy with the horn rather than the idiot that gets honked at.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617181920212223 LastLast