+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is your preferred way of calculating heat load?

Post Likes

What is your preferred way of calculating heat load?

What is your preferred way of calculating heat load. Manual J has always been the go to but there is some other software out there too. Also, there are some online sites. Do you have better results with one over the other?

Post Likes
    Depends on what you're doing, residential, commercial, what climate you're in, type of work-furnaces,boilers, AC and fuel.
    Overall Wrightsoft is the best, but not cheap.
    I made a little app for quick loads based on fuel consumption.
    Also check with your supply house. For hydronics especially, and before I bought software, there's a great supply house an hour from me that will do the loads on wrightsoft, provide you with all the calcs (heat & cool), radiant tubing layout, near boiler piping diagrams, duct callouts/diagrams, and even lend you specialty tools like radiant tubing staple guns, coiler, etc.
    But it's a 2 way street, so you buy ALL the equipment and material from them.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Wrightsoft if you know how to use it, they have classes available but it’s expensive.

Post Likes
    Adtek Software, ACCU-Load program. Easy to use and affordable.
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by botija_99 View Post
    Wrightsoft if you know how to use it, they have classes available but it’s expensive.
    Isn't it based on the ACCA man J ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in