Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    High suction doesn’t indicate a restriction. Sounds to me like high load or a hot gas bypass problem.
    I was just throwing it out there since he's changed everything else! LOL!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tika View Post
    Currently I'm vacuuming it, waiting to test after cleaning up evaporator coil(it's very dirty). If any suggestions pls free to share below.
    there's not much left to check. lemme see if I've got this correct:

you've changed the compressor, the filter drier, the HGBP valve (which may actually be liquid injection), installed a shutoff to isolate HGBP, cleaned the condenser coil, cleaned the evaporator, and weighed in factory charge.

None of this has changed the pressures under a load......is that all correct?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    there's not much left to check. lemme see if I've got this correct:

you've changed the compressor, the filter drier, the HGBP valve (which may actually be liquid injection), installed a shutoff to isolate HGBP, cleaned the condenser coil, cleaned the evaporator, and weighed in factory charge.

None of this has changed the pressures under a load......is that all correct?
    Yes, it's start increasing 1-2psi every minute😭 This is a nightmare.

Post Likes
    I was just throwing it out there since he's changed everything else! LOL!!
    What if you have few systems with this issue?
    Here we have 6 dryer, 2 of it down with the same symptoms.

Post Likes
    none of us like to be a "parts changer".....but the reality is that sometimes the troubleshooting process isn't identifying the problem, and fixing it.....in some cases it's a process of eliminating probable causes, until you locate the actual cause. Anyone who has worked in the commercial and industrial world understands this very clearly.

I've not only learned that fact over the years, but also the fact that the "slash and Burn" method must also be used in some cases. I'm not by any means downing you for your approach.....don't misunderstand....but in your case, when I decided to replace the compressor, everything else would have been done also. some customers can tolerate the amount of time to troubleshoot each part, and change things individually....this is usually the approach to attempt to save money....what actually happens is more time (and money) is spent doing each part rather than using the slash and burn method, and just changing all the parts as once.

In this case, I would absolutely change the cap tube assembly......as I said, there's not much left. If, after all the components are changed, and you still have the same problem.....then you don't actually have a problem with the unit.

NOW, all that being said.....we tend to get focused on the unit in front of our faces, rather than the entire system (building or process) around us. there is a high probability that the unit doesn't actually have anything wrong with it. as Redman pointed out....it really just sounds like a high load.....if you've done any refrigeration, and dealt with a hot pull down of a box, you grasp this concept very well. I would consider the possibility that the process is placing a higher load on the machine than what it's designed for. you described hot wet air being ran through the machine......hot AND wet can place a huge latent load on equipment......you may be attempting to operate outside the unit design conditions......

Post Likes
    none of us like to be a "parts changer".....but the reality is that sometimes the troubleshooting process isn't identifying the problem, and fixing it.....in some cases it's a process of eliminating probable causes, until you locate the actual cause. Anyone who has worked in the commercial and industrial world understands this very clearly.

I've not only learned that fact over the years, but also the fact that the "slash and Burn" method must also be used in some cases. I'm not by any means downing you for your approach.....don't misunderstand....but in your case, when I decided to replace the compressor, everything else would have been done also. some customers can tolerate the amount of time to troubleshoot each part, and change things individually....this is usually the approach to attempt to save money....what actually happens is more time (and money) is spent doing each part rather than using the slash and burn method, and just changing all the parts as once.

In this case, I would absolutely change the cap tube assembly......as I said, there's not much left. If, after all the components are changed, and you still have the same problem.....then you don't actually have a problem with the unit.

NOW, all that being said.....we tend to get focused on the unit in front of our faces, rather than the entire system (building or process) around us. there is a high probability that the unit doesn't actually have anything wrong with it. as Redman pointed out....it really just sounds like a high load.....if you've done any refrigeration, and dealt with a hot pull down of a box, you grasp this concept very well. I would consider the possibility that the process is placing a higher load on the machine than what it's designed for. you described hot wet air being ran through the machine......hot AND wet can place a huge latent load on equipment......you may be attempting to operate outside the unit design conditions......
    Thank you for your excellent explain. I would get your concept dealing with these problems. But I just want to point out all info that I'm holding on so you guys with more experience will also identify my exact problem and point it out. The pressure start 220 psi(compressor off) start it up pressure start to high(100psi Low side, 400 psi high).... (some time)​ If the compressor stopped the pressure will not in 220psi again
    Its start from 280 or 330psi. Is it the causes of the problem? If so, what's make it raise up like that if the quantity of the refrigerants in the system is the same. Please guide me. I knew some of you might meet that scenario. But I cannot figured it out because all part has been changed, bypass, add, remove. The problem still the same (High pressure all side).

Post Likes
    You’re static pressure at start up should correlate with ambient conditions. Based on your pressures either the evap or condenser is in 100-130 degree ambient. Sounds like high load, especially now that you say two machines are having this problem.

Post Likes
    Turn the load off.

Post Likes
    I had tested it with pre-dried air from another machine which is suppose to be Cooler and Low load But It's still raising the pressure both side up(HGBP blocked). I have nothing else to be check. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Post Likes
    Change the cap tube assembly. If that doesn’t fix it, the problem is outside of the machine.

Post Likes
    Is that frost on a suction accumulator - yet a suction of 100psi 407c ??? How is this possible?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gbfromsd View Post
    Is that frost on a suction accumulator - yet a suction of 100psi 407c ??? How is this possible?
    It's frost when I don't let wet air in and pressure of 60-65psi in suction line, when I apply air into it pressure start increasing in both discharge and suction until compressor or protection circuit triggers.

Post Likes
    Did i miss what the entering air temp to condenser is? and the outlet temp. Maybe a air re circulation issue coupled with high load. water clean the cond coil?
    UA Local 32

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast