Post Likes

Small heater safe for leaving unattended?

I have a *shed* (backyard) that is fully insulated and finished out as an office (16 x 24).

Im wondering if there is a safe floor heater or compact heater that would be safe enough to keep the place warm (above 50) over the weekends and/or when Im out of town.

Thank you.

T

Post Likes
    Most of the new ones have safeties that shut them off of they tip over, etc.

Or get an oil filled electric one.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    What city/state?
    If it doesn't have water in the shed, maybe let it ride.
    If you're in a warm climate and you'll need ac too, maybe the smallest minisplit.
    They also make electric heaters for garages, with a thermostat.
    So depending on your loads, maybe electric heater & window/thru the wall AC, or a minisplit for better overall comfort.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Post Likes
    Fires from electric heaters can occur at the plug. Be sure your duplex plug is tight. Use a radiator type heater that heats up a thermal mass and surface temperatures will be at safe low temperture.

Post Likes
    LOW HEAT: 750 WATTS, 8.5 Amps
    _________ ___ OPERATE on a 15 AMP BREAKER Circuit

__ Maintain Cleanliness

____ _ _ https://www.vornado.com/shop/heaters...h-auto-climate
    ____ OR Similar
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Far as I know, no portable space heater is listed to be left unattended for extended periods of time. in other words, must use a space heater that is permanently installed, like a basebd htr.

have also seen heaters where the plug nearly melted apart, was left unattended for several days before I unplugged it. the prongs pulled out the plastic plug it was so soft.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated