Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Well, it's that time of year again. It was a slow start to this year as the rain hung around until mid May. So, now end of season and wrapped up a little short this year. Do any of you folks branch into other trades? I know of a couple of fellows that do chimney sweep in the Fall. I've never done that but am considering other sources. Whadday all think?
    If you can get into MR work, you can work 24/7/365 if want to.

Post Likes
    Duct cleaning and sell as many maintenance agreements as possible. Make a nice 3 copy maintenance report, 1 for customers, 1 for office, and 1 to leave at the equipment. Give the customer a discount on repairs and labor if they sign up during a service call and they will do it. If you have enough to keep your guys busy during spring and fall, you will be busy with recommended repairs.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    If you can get into MR work, you can work 24/7/365 if want to.
    What is MR work?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    Duct cleaning and sell as many maintenance agreements as possible. Make a nice 3 copy maintenance report, 1 for customers, 1 for office, and 1 to leave at the equipment. Give the customer a discount on repairs and labor if they sign up during a service call and they will do it. If you have enough to keep your guys busy during spring and fall, you will be busy with recommended repairs.
    We've thought about duct cleaning. I'm going to start another thread on it. Thx for the reply.

Post Likes
    More than lkely Market Refrigeration.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    The more hacks there are the easier it is for me.
    I do not understand the "give a discount mentality" on anything. WHY? I am not competitive and I will not be competitive!

7. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    What is MR work?
    Magnetic resonance imaging.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Magnetic resonance imaging.
    Can you do this with a Rotobrush?

Post Likes
    Yes you can, if you are checking for polyps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Answer-Man View Post
    Being in Texas explains part of your question, (very little need for heating) but just my visits to your state is that AC is needed all year, No?

Just some ideas to think about.

Yes HVAC has seasonal adjustments because of the temperature swings. There are many ways you can branch out. I assume by the way you have written you post you are working for yourself in residential AC. How do you advertise now? I take it you now have some free time. Take stack of business cards with you or print up some flyers and go for a walkabout. Go have a cup of coffee, breakfast, lunch, supper leave the owner manager with a card. Go into some stores and shops ask for the manger introduce yourself and leave a card or flyer. A thing that can get a big response is ask your customers if they know someone who might need your services, ask them to put in a good word or ask if you can use them as a reference. If your willing to work refrigeration be ready to work all hours, all days and holidays. Customers are at risk of loosing $$$$$ because of failed refrigeration system. Owners want it fixed NOW! But many want to nickel and dime you, but not until after you have their equipment running again

Me I do mechanical; plumbing, heating, cooling, refrigeration, hydronics, steam, pumps, air handlers .. mostly industrial now. But started with Resi AC, got some education, then got apprentice training and kept adding a little more all the time
    Well. It would only be right to ask advice and take it. And that's exactly what I did. I took my lead tech out today after lunch. Now, remember we've been doing residential for a little over a decade. And we have a few comm customers but they usually find us (various methods, not allowed to be discussed I assume in this thread)....suffice it to say they find us. So, today I gave the mgr at lunch a card, bs'd her a little bit (I'm actually good at bs'ing, lol) we couldn't get her to leave our table. So, in. Took seven more cards and hit the shops in the parking lot. 8 cards and visits, 30 minutes and 2 appointments set! One is routine maint on several rtu's and the other is a no-cool breakdown....I've never even considered cold visits to commercial customers before. I can't wait to go out tomorrow. 25% close rate and probably at least $1000 day. Thank you sir! ...and thanks for all the other replies as well!

12. Likes Metalman0880, troutfiend liked this post
    Post Likes
    Well. It would only be right to ask advice and take it. And that's exactly what I did. I took my lead tech out today after lunch. Now, remember we've been doing residential for a little over a decade. And we have a few comm customers but they usually find us (various methods, not allowed to be discussed I assume in this thread)....suffice it to say they find us. So, today I gave the mgr at lunch a card, bs'd her a little bit (I'm actually good at bs'ing, lol) we couldn't get her to leave our table. So, in. Took seven more cards and hit the shops in the parking lot. 8 cards and visits, 30 minutes and 2 appointments set! One is routine maint on several rtu's and the other is a no-cool breakdown....I've never even considered cold visits to commercial customers before. I can't wait to go out tomorrow. 25% close rate and probably at least $1000 day. Thank you sir! ...and thanks for all the other replies as well!
    Congratulations!

I'm not an owner, but that's what I look for in an employer, someone who is out there going after new business. Not stuck in a certain familiar rut and refusing to branch out into new things.

14. Likes AdrianOmarPerez liked this post
    Post Likes
    got any pictures of your fine tv installs

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    got any pictures of your fine tv installs
    Who me? Lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234