Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Thank you for the response. How are you getting your name out there for commercial?
    For me? 40 years of being in my own Business! I started out by "Knock Knock" for a few days and then I let the "bad HVACR guys" do their thing so that I could do my thing.

Or I should say , 1 year of being in my own Business,then 2 years,then 3 then 4-5-6, etc ,etc then 40.

Post Likes
    Thank you for the response. How are you getting your name out there for commercial?
    Just jump into it like anything else. Find an employer that will hire you given your current skillset and willingness to learn. Not hard. Unless you havent learned much doing residential.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    For me? 40 years of being in my own Business! I started out by "Knock Knock" for a few days and then I let the "bad HVACR guys" do their thing so that I could do my thing.
    Thank you for your response. Only thirty more years to go for me. We've just seen a really sharp downturn this year. Never has been like this. I could be wrong...probably am but there seems to be an over abundance of new TACL numbers (we're in Texas) where we are and it seems a bit saturated with residential tech. We are a small three truck shop but haven't ever seen numbers like this.

Post Likes
    I never worked residential but started in light commercial. Go into the shop to "interview" at the end of summer and made a comment like the OP to the shop manager. He looked me in the eye and broke out laughing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    We’ve done res for almost a decade without the sharp downturn. Sounds like commercial was always the way to go.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the replies. I see that there are other parts of the forum with you with this. How are you all marketing your company to the commercial side of things? Are you going to property managers? Are you using the lead service?

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the replies. I see that there are other parts of the forum with you with this. How are you all marketing your company to the commercial side of things? Are you going to property managers? Are you using the lead service?
    Depending on a "lead service" or even bringing it up here is very telling.

Read through this thread again and do some searching and that will tell you at least what to ask and where to work on this issue I think.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Depending on a "lead service" or even bringing it up here is very telling.

Read through this thread again and do some searching and that will tell you at least what to ask and where to work on this issue I think.
    What’s “telling” about it?

Post Likes
    What’s “telling” about it?
    That you need to start from square one and do as I advised by searching and reading this site.

You say that you used to be busy and now it is slowing so you are not even retaining customers let alone adding new ones. That would be something to be thinking about before anything else I would think. It won't do you much good to get new customers if you can't retain them. Solve the retaining problem first then look to expand.

I don't know yet if you are a tech or an owner. If you are a tech I think it is time to bail on this company.
    Last edited by pageyjim; 10-09-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Likes
    That you need to start from square one and do as I advised by searching and reading this site.

You say that you used to be busy and now it is slowing so you are not even retaining customers let alone adding new ones. That would be something to be thinking about before anything else I would think.

I don't know yet if you are a tech or an owner. If you are a tech I think it is time to bail on this company.
    Bless yer heart. But thank you anyway.

Post Likes
    Bless yer heart. But thank you anyway.
    Clueless and passive aggressive.

Post Likes
    Clueless and passive aggressive.
    Sorry you think that. I think i’ve been very receptive and polite to all comments. I will read through from here. Thx.

Post Likes
    Sorry you think that. I think i’ve been very receptive and polite to all comments. I will read through from here. Thx.
    Good luck!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast