+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blodgett DFG ovens - Temp Accuracy Question

Post Likes

Blodgett DFG ovens - Temp Accuracy Question

Hi Folks,

I've got some bakers who are complaining that a Blodgett DFG-200 oven gets too hot. Everything seems to be working properly and is properly calibrated, but the oven will, for example:

Set it to 400. It will call for heat until it reaches 408 or so, then the burner shuts off. However, the oven will still continue to get hotter, up to around 430 ish before it levels off. Apparently this is really causing a lot of problems for them... and I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust things or if this is just how it's going to be? I know how to set the offset and so forth but it's calling for heat when it's supposed to, just the temp continues to rise way way higher than the setpoint.

The ovens are pretty new... 2 years old. They have the Solid State Digital controls (not the dial... the ones with LED #'s).

Any thoughts or recommendations let me know.

PS: Apparently they've been dealing with this by cracking the doors open until it cools down to the temp they actually want... explains why the A/C bill is so high

Post Likes
    Have you calibrated the over?
    in settings of the board what is shown under the Ready temp differential?? it should show 15F
    In second level programing did you make sure the offset is 0F, if it is you may want to set to -30 to calibrate it , check out below

SOLID STATE DIGITAL SECOND LEVEL PROGRAMMING

To Initiate Programming
    1. Set the time to 1 minute.
    2. Set the temperature to 151_F (66_C).
    To Access Second Level Programming
    1. Press and hold the TEMPERATURE key and the START/STOP key simultaneously.
    2. The control beeps and displays the software version for a few seconds.
    3. The control then displays . The control has entered the second level program.

To Change the Temperature Offset
    1. Press the TEMPERATURE key.
    2. The control displays or offset for a few sec�� onds. It then displays the current offset which should be 0_F or .
    3. Rotate the DIAL to enter a �� 50_F (28_C) off�� set. Use this to calibrate the oven if necessary.
    To Set the Display Scales
    2. The control displays the current setting from the menu to the right. This menu controls 3 separate parameters:
    C.) The desired temperature scale (ie Celsius or Fahrenheit)
    D.) Electric or Gas oven
    E.) The desired time display (ie hrs/min or min/sec)
    3. To adjust the setting turn the DIAL 1 click at a time.
    FIGURE 10
    To Return to Normal Operating Mode
    2. The control goes through self check then dis��
    plays the set temperature 151_F (66_C).
    3. The oven can now be controlled as normal.

Hope this helps

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=MauiTech;25792066]Have you calibrated the over?
    in settings of the board what is shown under the Ready temp differential?? it should show 15F
    In second level programing did you make sure the offset is 0F, if it is you may want to set to -30 to calibrate it , check out below

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I'm not sure how to "calibrate the over"

I'm also not sure how to find the Ready temp differential. Is this the spread between when it calls for heat and when it stops calling for heat (centered on the setpoint?)

I do know how to set the offset. I dialed it down 10 degrees to see if that helps, but what's weird is that the oven's own temp sensor seems to be pretty accurate, it's just that after the burner goes off, the temp will still rise significantly. I had wondered if we are just not using the ovens like, perhaps, many other businesses would? Like, if Blodgett has assumed that people are really loading up the ovens, such that the product in the ovens would normally absorb all this heat? We often use the oven to reheat slices of pizza, quiche, hot sandwiches, etc... so they aren't loaded up with a ton of product during normal use.

Post Likes
    Does your burner completely go out when it hits the temp?

Reheating pizza slices, you guys need a turbo chef... but I can see how Blodgett thinks it’s holding heat but in any normal oven with nothing in it the temp should drop once gas burner goes out, if this was electric I can see it have a rise.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in