Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

New combustion analyzer

Iím looking to purchase a second combustion analyzer. I currently have a 5 year old Wohler A550 and its been a great unit. It still works flawlessly but i need to replace a few sensors and it has some age to it. I plan on keeping the A550 but want to get a second combustion analyzer. I was considering the Bacharach PCA 400, Testo 300LL or Wohler A450.

I think I have it narrowed down to the PCA 400 or the testo 300 LL. Iíve had many testoís as well as one Bacharach pca 300. I wish Bacharach made a better thought out hard storage case

I want to find the combustion analyzer with the fastest response time like the discontinued TSI Ca-Calc. This was absolutely the fastest responding combustion analyzer Iíve ever seen. The PCA 400 has a high and low pump sample pump selection. Iím leaning towards that way but I canít find any reviews for the pca 400.
    Their is also the Einstruments and MRU Brand combustion analyzers. I know MRU makes the BluFlame combustion analyzer, is sold by trutechtools for use with Measure quick. (im sure everyone knows what the accutools BluFlame analyzer is all about.)

The Testo 300 LL looks interesting but I donít think the reliability, from past experience, is as high as I like it to be. It has been 4 years since Iíve used a testo analyzer.

I would appreciate any input. Iím trying to order a new analyzer in the next week or two so I can send my Wohler A550 In for calibration and sensor Replacement replacement. Wohler tech support is second to none.

Buying the Wohler a450 would be buying a stripped down A550, but i assume is stil made with the high quality the A550 is.

I forgot to mention that price is NOT a major concern. Having fast, accurate and repeatable readings is much more important.

Off Topic...
    Did testo stop making the 308 digital smoke spot tester. I still have mine and have enjoyed using it. I donít think other manufacturers makes such a tool. if anyone knows of a similar unit please let me know!

Post Likes
    Wow! A mere 8k$

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    $8K?

Post Likes
    Bacharach Insight...

I had a Testo 327... sensors went bad from age...
    Testo wanted too much $$$ to replace/re-calibrate...

Got the Bacharach... LOVE it!

Yeah. the case is not well thought out (like the Testo case was)...
    However the unit makes up for it!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    If you want fast, and like the Wohler, take a look at Ecom.

I have an Ecom-D. Its a very nice analyzer.

Very strong pump, so it responds very quickly, fastest Ive ever seen. Very strong magnets as well.

It can hold up to 6 sensors (you have to configure at time of order), and the sample hoses can be up to 30 feet, which I needed for a particular application, otherwise, you can live read via wifi on the phone/tablet, and even turn on and off the CO sensor if your working through a rough burn, but still need to see O2 for reference.

Very solid unit. We have a local rep that can do field replacement sensors and calibration. So thats a plus for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    $8K?
    It came down 1000$ in the last 2 hours!
    I didnt know that brand so looked it up. That's the first price that popped up.
    Way inflated?

Post Likes
    I have the testo 320, so far so good.
    For smoke I still have the paper strip method.

Post Likes
    I bet once you had the Wohler you wouldn't be happy with anything else.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    You may want to look at one of the other options for the daily run of the mill work and save-rebuild your 550 to diagnose when you come across problems or for more critical work.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I bet once you had the Wohler you wouldn't be happy with anything else.

I think you are correct about that. Iím considering the a450. I found out that the Bacharach pca 400 1 liter/min (high flow mode) is actually what most analyzer pumps operate at. It must just be for battery life specs they can market.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    If you want fast, and like the Wohler, take a look at Ecom.

I have an Ecom-D. Its a very nice analyzer.

Very strong pump, so it responds very quickly, fastest Ive ever seen. Very strong magnets as well.

It can hold up to 6 sensors (you have to configure at time of order), and the sample hoses can be up to 30 feet, which I needed for a particular application, otherwise, you can live read via wifi on the phone/tablet, and even turn on and off the CO sensor if your working through a rough burn, but still need to see O2 for reference.

Very solid unit. We have a local rep that can do field replacement sensors and calibration. So thats a plus for me.

The Econ-D looks like a real nice unit. I actually watched the local utility company checking gas pipe for leaks with a unit that looked exactly like this analyzer. What price range do these units go for?

Iím definitely keeping my A550 and will be sending it in to be calibrated and sensors changed as soon as I get a replacement unit. Perhaps Wohler will give me a deal since Iíve been a customer for 5 years and spent plenty of money buying backup parts.

Post Likes
    With the NOx sensors, and the 30 foot extensions, we paid around $4500

I think the base model is around 3k

Post Likes
    @heatingman
    @Nytefog

What do you guys work on where you use those analyzers?

Esp with the extra 30' of hose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast