Post Likes

Confused Trane Vortica II Blower

Can anyone provide me a link, or explain, how the Trane Vortica II Blower works? Does this blower reduce fan speed when not in heating or cooling mode?

Post Likes
    It's the shape of the blower housing, supposed to be more efficient & quieter. Originally plastic, now metal.

It would take an ECM motor in your furnace to vary fan speeds and run a low fan only speed.

Post Likes
    This has an ECM motor; however, I do not want it to run a low fan only speed. I would like it to run at a constant CFM at all times. Can the blower be field wired to accommodate this, without voiding any manufacturer warranties?

The reason being, I'm using this unit in a retail space. Code requires consistent outdoor air. If the fan speed slows down, I don't think the space will get the outdoor air it requires.

Post Likes
    I believe you need the Trane 624 thermostat with dehumidification enabled.

Post Likes
    If the 624 works like the 824, it will control what speed your continuous fan is and you can set it at 100% so it runs at the same speed as cooling. I don't think enabling dehum is necessary but I highly recommend it if you are in a steamy climate. That slows the blower down 20% in cooling to dehumidify better if humidity rises above your setpoint.

Post Likes
    If the blower runs 24/7, just have it wired to run cool speed at (blower) unit all time, ac will cycle normally and heat speed will also still work.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated