Post Likes

Broken compressor bolts

Ive been an AC tech/contractor for 20 years and this is the 1st time Ive ever seen compressor mounting bolts pull thru their threads in the bass of a residential unit. The old unit was a 10year old Rheem 10 seer. It was missing 2 of the 4 bolts and owner said the previous contractor had replaced the compressor a few year ago. I chalked that upto poor workmanship. It was replaced with goodman 14 seer model and less than 30 days bolts stripped out from base pan. Replaced unit again and less than 30 days its happened again. Nothing out of the norm with start up amps or pressures. Unit cools as intended but with out bolts the compressor will vibrate and possible crack the hot gas or suction line. Anyone got any suggestions?

Post Likes
    Did you say you replaced the unit because the compressor bolts were striped ?

Post Likes
    Yes. When the bolts striped out the compressor vibrating cracked the hot gas line. The internet seller purchased him a new one and we installed it

Post Likes
    Wow I'm surprised to hear that a internet seller did a warranty.

Post Likes
    And why did a compressor fail after a few years??? Scroll compressors have been pretty much bullet proof

Post Likes
    Is this heat pump.. I'm thinking liquid is getting into compressor..sometimes.
    Also verify no interupted power that may cause motor to run in reverse.

Post Likes
    Is this a R410a condenser or r407c, and is it still connected to a 10 seer r22 coil? What kind of metering device and what were your pressures, temps and sc/sh?