+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to low temp system need advice and explanations

Post Likes

Confused New to low temp system need advice and explanations

I just came from a test lab that tested commercial and residental package units and now i have moved to a new company that deals with small commercial food equipment.

First off the refrigerant type i deal with is 404a and R290 (propane). I test alot of cold tables, cold rails and freezers these are all prototype units.

My biggest question is i have noticed that if i go by temp and pressure in these systems i show that i am condnesing from a gas to a liquip and then back to a gas before it exits the condenser coil so i end up with superheat and i have yet to be able to get any subcooling out of these types of units. They have no sight glasses. I have asked a few folks but no one has been able to explain this and i think they think i am crazy. Its almost like the condensers used have to much pressure drop but im done trying to make sense of it need an experienced person to explain this.

Post Likes
    How are you measuring sub cooling ?

Post Likes
    Yeah, you need a lot more details for us to have a clue what you are talking about.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Liquid line temp minus the saturation temp indicated on the guage set same way i have been doing it for 15 years lol I belive the liquid line reciever is why i cant actually see any subcooling i have measured the incoming side and the outgoing side. The unit doesnt have a sight glass to tell if i actually have liquid to the txv.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in