Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes
    He should come here, we could show him nice people or really bad people all depending on his attitude.

Post Likes
    What is "shaming" ?

How would someone do it? For example; to me. Wouldn't it require that I value their judgements as being superior to my own? Which, while not impossible, seems unlikely to happen spontaneously.

This guys says that we should shame rural America. I wonder how that might be accomplished? Most of the rural people that I have known would offer to send him, and his shame, home without his teeth.

PHM
    --------

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    What is "shaming" ?

How would someone do it? For example; to me. Wouldn't it require that I value their judgements as being superior to my own? Which, while not impossible, seems unlikely to happen spontaneously.

This guys says that we should shame rural America. I wonder how that might be accomplished? Most of the rural people that I have known would offer to send him, and his shame, home without his teeth.

PHM
    --------
    Yeah, you won't shame most true rural people, maybe some transplants into the area but not true rural people. Rural people grew up with the tradition of independence how to deal with most situations. And while they may be prone to violence most would find it more appropriate to kindly show him what the bottom of the hog farm sludge pit looks like, when the pit is full of course, so he gets the best view.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    What is "shaming" ?

PHM
    --------
    Good point. I think, in the case of the Far Left, it's shorthand for condescension and manipulation. Those who don't have a solid foundation fall victim.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Yeah, you won't shame most true rural people, maybe some transplants into the area but not true rural people. Rural people grew up with the tradition of independence how to deal with most situations. And while they may be prone to violence most would find it more appropriate to kindly show him what the bottom of the hog farm sludge pit looks like, when the pit is full of course, so he gets the best view.
    Is there a kind way to show one the bottom of a full sludge pit?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Is there a kind way to show one the bottom of a full sludge pit?
    I suppose it all depends on which side of the "showing" you are on!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I suppose it all depends on which side of the "showing" you are on!
    Wait a minute...how did I become a part of the equation?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Wait a minute...how did I become a part of the equation?
    What's that old saying "Don't ask if you don't want to know!"

Actually the "you" in my post was in the general sense, not specifically you.

10. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Report: ‘No One Wants To Open A Restaurant In San Francisco’

Excerpt:

Restaurateurs are avoiding opening new establishments in the City by the Bay and there’s a good reason for their decision. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, numerous break-ins have occurred recently, plaguing restaurant owners.

“A new map pinpointing the locations where human feces are reported to have been found in the California city since 2011 shows San Francisco has a staggering problem with the stinky stuff. Nearly every city block has had a poop sighting in recent years as the city grapples with homelessness, according to data compiled by Open The Books.”

Post Likes

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast