Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I am somehow reminded of when the US government was going to economize by closing military bases and facilities. I have done a lot of work for the US government and was mostly amused to see that all the facilities and bases with which I was familiar simply changed their names. I guessed that a list of closed base names was published - but a list of new base names was not considered to be news-worthy. <g>

AOC economics are flawed in the same way. OK; right now we spend a lot of money on the court system and the prison system. But splitting the same people up into classified-prisons (mental hospitals, rehab centers, re-training schools) will cost the same or more to accomplish. <g>. It's not like she is saying: Let's get rid of the prisons and replace them with nothing.

I do very much enjoy the fact that prisons are under-cover-apartheid according to her and many of her like-kinds. <g>
    I've posted this before, prisons are easy, we have hundreds just waiting to be housed.

On all 3 coast we have war ships that are in mothballs, just floating there. So strip them down to next to nothing so they can not be made to function in any way. Tow them out to see several miles so they can not see land, and put prisoners on them. Let them know they are on their own and a Coast Guard Cutter will be by to check on them. Anchor them good and drop supplies from a chopper once a week. No guards to bribe or abuse. No one will care about a riot cause only the prisoners will be there and they will only be hurting themselves.

The left will never go for it but if you do it and make the prisoners serve their complete sentence rather than time off and things will start to change. Sure we may lose a few over the side, too bad, however if they were forced then I guess the perp just got more time. No TV, no pumping iron, no visits. Life on board would be a B***H. Too bad, you'll think twice before doing crime again.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I've posted this before, prisons are easy, we have hundreds just waiting to be housed.

On all 3 coast we have war ships that are in mothballs, just floating there. So strip them down to next to nothing so they can not be made to function in any way. Tow them out to see several miles so they can not see land, and put prisoners on them. Let them know they are on their own and a Coast Guard Cutter will be by to check on them. Anchor them good and drop supplies from a chopper once a week. No guards to bribe or abuse. No one will care about a riot cause only the prisoners will be there and they will only be hurting themselves.

The left will never go for it but if you do it and make the prisoners serve their complete sentence rather than time off and things will start to change. Sure we may lose a few over the side, too bad, however if they were forced then I guess the perp just got more time. No TV, no pumping iron, no visits. Life on board would be a B***H. Too bad, you'll think twice before doing crime again.
    The problem is that the Left will legislate that fully staffed cruse ships be employed and deployed to the Carribean (this is funny cuz it's true!).

Post Likes
    Next year when Trump wins again everybody on the left that threatened to leave will leave, Once they are gone the rest will realize they are vastly outnumbered and move more to the center.

Post Likes
    In answer to your question, nothing. At least in my experience. Case in point, but first which era was that? Can't remember if it was Bush or Clinton (?).

At the time those name changes took place, I was doing a lot of work at Moffett Field, Mountain View, CA.

Think they were labeled as Moffett Field, AFB.

Then they got re-labeled as Moffett Field, NASA.

So, for the stats, military funding was greatly reduced. The vast majority of people who care about these things had little to no clue what was going on.

Just sayin'.

And for what it is worth, those employees at Moffett Field that had to deal with the name change had little to say. Meaning, they just grumbled at the partisan politics. They were much more interested in continuing on the projects they were were tasked to do.

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    These types of insane ideas and "solutions" seem all to common these days. One wonders if the region of the brain that separates and filters obviously insane ideas has gone dark.

What was the outcome regarding the bases that changed their names?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

5. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Prisons... why not just execute people who can be put into the classification of “ menace to society” drug dealers, habitual drug abusers, habitual criminals, violent criminals which would include rapists and child molesters.

Pretty much just round up the “ dregs” of society and just “ get rid of them”

Post Likes
    YouTube Removes Video On Gender Transitions, Claims Doctor's Comments Are 'Hate Speech'

Excerpt:

"See, if you want to cut off a leg or an arm, you're mentally ill—but if you want to cut off healthy breasts or a penis, you're transgender," she said in the 2017 video."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I am somehow reminded of when the US government was going to economize by closing military bases and facilities. I have done a lot of work for the US government and was mostly amused to see that all the facilities and bases with which I was familiar simply changed their names. I guessed that a list of closed base names was published - but a list of new base names was not considered to be news-worthy. <g>

AOC economics are flawed in the same way. OK; right now we spend a lot of money on the court system and the prison system. But splitting the same people up into classified-prisons (mental hospitals, rehab centers, re-training schools) will cost the same or more to accomplish. <g>. It's not like she is saying: Let's get rid of the prisons and replace them with nothing.

I do very much enjoy the fact that prisons are under-cover-apartheid according to her and many of her like-kinds. <g>
    There were quite a few military bases in the US closed down in the late 80s or 90s. Closed down too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_R...nt_and_Closure
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes

Post Likes
    This is enough treason to vote for Trump...

AOC in power = serious trouble!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    This is enough treason to vote for Trump...

AOC in power = serious trouble!
    No doubt on both counts. I think that Sanders has effectively lashed himself to an anchor.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    This link is actually to an article written about a man with integrity:

Fired NHL analyst Don Cherry doubles down on immigrant remarks: 'I meant it'

Excerpt:

"In his first public comments since Sportsnet announced its decision, Cherry said he had “no problem” with being fired and refused to apologize.

“I know what I said and I meant it,” Cherry told the Toronto Sun. “Everybody in Canada should wear a poppy to honor our fallen soldiers.”"

Well, we know how he votes. A proper liberal would have been fawning all over those who fired him. slobbering out his tearful apology for having committed such horrific "racist" atrocities.

Nice to see an article about somebody with integrity and guts. And in Canada, of all places.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast