Post Likes

custom prep table compressor issue

Hello there I have a question and might be stupid I usually work on my fathers equipment since he owns his won restaurant. What I'm working on today is a custom prep table with a top cold plate that runs on pressure control r22 unit. That was built with the restaurant right around 2000. This table really hasn't gave us to much of issue in the past I've replaced the compressor about 7 years ago but this morning i got a call that the refrigerator and cold plate was warm. I got there and checked to see if it turns on and only the condenser fan will kick on and compressor was a little warm so i put a set of gauges on it and and amp meter and it will kick on for two or three seconds and cut off on thermal overload and the pressure are equalized and don't move at all i checked everything from start capacitor to the relay and even the external thermal overload and the all came out fine i even ohm'ed out the compressor windings came out fine as well and also tried to ohm to ground and still good still good is there somthing im missing to check cause my gut is telling me the compressor is bad but i cant proof it .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Experience!

at 7 years something killed that compressor! find the cause.

Post Likes
    I have never seen a custom SS prep table that had correctly installed refrigeration equipment....always some kind of problem because the lowest bidder installed it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    well went there tonight when it was closed and had room to work and it was nice and quite figured it out that it was going out on lock rotor amps just gotta figure out why it keeps going through compressors

Post Likes
    throw another compressor in there , crank it up and tell us what pressures and line temps you see

Post Likes
    Oil return issues

Post Likes
    yea sometimes it takes 7 years for the oil to suddenly stop circulating back n fourth .... (ahem) "clearing throat"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    yea sometimes it takes 7 years for the oil to suddenly stop circulating back n fourth .... (ahem) "clearing throat"

Yeah especially when it's been topped off with refrigerant numerous times
    Oh wait how about a cold wall logging oil I like that one
    Compressor on top floor
    Hehehe It's not "suddenly stop" it's slow death. Little less oil then a little less oil then a little less oil then etc.